Sign in to follow this  
myfrca

Problems with updating different settings in Pagelines.

myfrca

For example, I recently changed the speed, transition on my feature slider. I also changed it to thumbnail instead of numbers. My site is hosted under www.myfrca.org/la and if you go to www.myfrca.org it directs you there. However, when I updated this, it shows up on www.myfrca.org and not on www.myfrca.org/la . I don't understand this as it is the same site/page. There seems to be a long lag sometimes too with certain settings. Does anybody understand my problem? Thank you.

myfrca
Sometimes settings for background and slider update. Othertimes it doesn't update even if I empty my cache. I'm lost as to why my site is looking different on different computers, some updating, some not. And why there is a difference between www.myfrca.org and www.myfrca.org/la when it's all on the /la ?

Rob
Let me address these, one at a time: [quote]"For example, I recently changed the speed, transition on my feature slider. I also changed it to thumbnail instead of numbers"[/quote] This is somewhat of an incomplete issue. You're telling us what you did, but nothing about what happened as a result of the change and whether you went to the feature slides, individually and uploaded a 30px high x 50px wide thumbnail for each slide. If you did not, then the slider should default to numbers. Can you fill us in with more information? Thanks. [quote]"My site is hosted under www.myfrca.org/la and if you go to www.myfrca.org it directs you there. However, when I updated this, it shows up on www.myfrca.org and not on www.myfrca.org/la . I don't understand this as it is the same site/page."[/quote] I don't quite understand what you mean by "hosted under www.myfrca.or/la" Do you mean that the WordPress installation is located there and that you have some sort of redirect at www.myfrca.org to go to the /la directory? If that's the case, when I went to www.myfrca.org and the site shows up there, but with any redirect, it is normal that all subsequent (child) links will take visitors to the installation location like http://myfrca.org/la/about/ when I click on "About". [quote]"There seems to be a long lag sometimes too with certain settings."[/quote] Which settings? Could you describe the lag? I notice some very minor slowness in transitioning from www.myfrica.org to www.myfrca.or/la/about but that appears to be the result of the large images on your slider. You can check page speed at http://www.pingdom.com for free. [quote]"Sometimes settings for background and slider update. Othertimes it doesn't update even if I empty my cache."[/quote] Do you have a cache plugin installed on your site or are you referring to the browser cache being cleared? Are you saving the settings? If you are, shut down your browser altogether, wait a minute then restart. Look at your site and make sure the changes have taken place, but again, could you specify what you're doing with the background and slider before updating? Where are you making the changes? In the slide itself or on the page's Meta Settings? [quote]"I'm lost as to why my site is looking different on different computers, some updating, some not. And why there is a difference between www.myfrca.org and www.myfrca.org/la when it's all on the /la?"[/quote] Looking at your site in IE9, Firefox and Chrome. The only difference I noted was in IE9, where the top border of your canvas was missing and the bottom one was rather thick. Every PageLines component, the slider, boxes, post listings, sidebars all looked exactly the same, as did the header. Browsers render CSS differently and you may need a CSS solution for IE for the canvas border.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur