Sign in to follow this  
jbrouwer

show custom field in clip_box

jbrouwer

Hi, I would like to show some custom fields in the clip_box on the frontpage when magazine layout mode is enabled. I tried using the hook the_post, but then the custom fields are displayed above the thumb/title/etc, while I would like to display them under the excerpt. Any ideas how to work this out? Thanks.

jbrouwer
I am testing local, but you pointed me to the right direction. Didn't know that was possible with css. Is this a robust solution? [code] .project-details{ position: absolute; top: 200px; } .clip{ position: relative; padding-bottom: 60px; } [/code] Thanks.

jbrouwer
Actually, seems that the hook 'the_post' is attached to many more places (boxes, features, sinlge posts). Is there another way to show some custom fields in a the clip box?

jbrouwer
Hmm, finding the right css code is harder than I thought. Used an if statement to display the custom fields only on the homepage. This is the code I added to functions.php: [code] add_action('the_post', 'add_project_details'); function add_project_details(){ global $post; if (in_the_loop() && is_home()){ ?>
ID, 'investering', true); echo 'Investering: '; echo $investering; ?>
ID, 'plaats', true); echo 'Plaats: '; echo $plaats; ?>

catrina
If CSS is used to reposition the custom fields, the positioning might be inconsistent in each clip box because each clip box will probably be different heights. I think it's best to somehow put the custom fields under the clip box rather than putting them there then moving them down using CSS. Perhaps this hook would work better: pagelines_loop_clipbox_end (worth a shot)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jbrouwer
No luck. Are there more hooks available than this list? http://api.pagelines.com/hooks

catrina
Hm, I thought pagelines_loop_clipbox_end was still working. Those are all of the hooks that are available for Pagelines 2.0. I think CSS is looking like the best solution for moving those custom fields.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jbrouwer
Ok. That's a pity! Do you have a suggestion how to work this out with CSS? I played around with absolute and relative postions, but couldn't get it aligned. I would appreciate it very much.

catrina
I'm quite sure a link was posted somewhere in this thread before since I remember testing CSS out on your site. Can you post that link?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jbrouwer
Sure! [url]test.pepperbase.com[/url] (uses pagelines framework). I am trying to make it look like this: [url]www.pepperbase.com[/url] which uses the platform pro theme.

kastelic
Have you tried some of these hooks? Some are specific to the clips. pagelines_loop_post_start pagelines_loop_page_title_after pagelines_loop_post_header_start pagelines_before_excerpt // 1.5.1 pagelines_after_excerpt pagelines_loop_before_post_content pagelines_loop_after_post_content pagelines_loop_post_end pagelines_loop_clipbox_start pagelines_loop_clip_start pagelines_loop_clip_excerpt_end pagelines_loop_clip_end pagelines_loop_clipbox_end

jbrouwer
Do they work in Pagelines Framework? I will give it a try, but thought, as mentioned above, that this [url]http://api.pagelines.com/hooks[/url] was the complete list of hooks for framework. Thx.

jbrouwer
@simple_mama thanks for the suggestion. What I ment was that none of the suggested hooks work in framework. I've tested the function with other hooks where it works fine (e.g. the_loop). However, I am looking for a solution to add custom fields under the excerpt in a clip. With the hook the_loop in action this is the result: [url]test.pepperbase.com[/url], which is not what I'am looking for. Any other suggestions?

Rob
I've asked a developer to look into this.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jbrouwer
Just to follow up. Finnaly found the solution. I used the excerpt filter to add some custom fields in the clip box in magazine layout mode: [code]add_filter('pagelines_excerpt', 'my_excerpt', 10, 6); function my_excerpt($excerpt){ global $post; $investering = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'investering', true); $plaats = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'plaats', true); $category = get_the_category($post->ID); $project = '
' . 'Investering: ' . $investering . '
Plaats: ' . $plaats . '
Categorie: ' . ''.$category[0]->cat_name.'' . '
'; $excerpt = $excerpt . $project; return $excerpt; }[/code] This is the result: [img]http://www.pepperbase.com/wp-content/uploads/clip-box.png[/img]

jbrouwer
Not besides some discussions I already opened. Thanks.