Sign in to follow this  
zrbarnes

Best way to create boxes

zrbarnes

On the orbit theme demo feature page, there are 4 boxes in a 2x2 row: http://www.digitalheavens.co.uk/themes/orbit/features I know there are several ways of doing this, but I'm trying to thinking of the best way to accomplish it within the pageline framework. The first one I thought of was to create 2 different box sets, then have two box sections on the page. I know this works, but is there a better way? Also, say I wanted to style each box with a different color background, how would I differentiate boxes for the css code?

Jenny
Honestly it won't matter if you do two different box sets or one box set. It's all about how you personally want to set it up. I think it would be easier to have one box set on the same page, but you may feel otherwise. :) To differentiate between the boxes, you can inspect each box using FireBug (http://www.getfirebug.com). Each box has a unique ID tied to it which can be coded using custom CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

digitalheavens
The way orbit has the boxes set is: Select the number of columns to show boxes in: 2 Image On Top: Enter the icon size in pixels: 440 It is one box set, hope this helps.

catrina
It doesn't matter how you set them up as long as they work and display the way you want them to in the end. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse