Sign in to follow this  
WebIT

nav pull down menu customizations

WebIT

has framework lost the ability to easily change and customize pull down menu css? under pagelines pro this was easy. i need a semi transparent background pulldown (#0099ff). any help would be appreciated. http://www.capek9cardio.com

Jenny
No it has not lost the ability to change the CSS, you just have to add CSS code for certain items. Check out http://www.getfirebug.com to discover which CSS elements on your site to change. You should be able to use the following code in your custom code -> custom css: [code].main-nav li a:hover, .main-nav .current-menu-ancestor .current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a:hover { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0099ff; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

WebIT
That didn't work for the bg of the pulldown. I found this code below to change the hover text, but still need a solution for the background highlight. .main-nav li a:hover, .main-nav .current-menu-ancestor .current_page_item a:hover, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a:hover { background-color: #fff; color: #ff6600; }

WebIT
not sure what enhancements i am supposed to get from framework vs. platform pro. this did not work either. can you forward to someone in sales about help or a refund?

Rob
Please accept apologies as we try to provide you with the support you need. All of us, both moderators and clients are going through the learning curve of the new Framework. Several CSS selectors have changed so we apologize for not being able to quickly answer this. However, we're willing to continue trying. If you're dissatisfied with the product or our support, please feel free to write to [email protected] To be clear, it's not the main navigation that you're trying to set to semi-transparency per se, but the sub menu. Is this correct? I ask this simply to clarify because the transparency suggestions you made, and that both Jenny and Catrina followed were for the main nav, not the sub nav. If you look at your site, in fact, those suggestions did work as there is transparency on the menu when you mouse over the main nav. Jenny's suggestion to use Firebug for Firefox was the correct one, and shows me that the selector should likely be 'sub-menu'. Have you tried that one?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebIT
Yes, submenu. These were easy to change in Pagelines Pro without custom code. Please help me with the submenu. semi transparent submenu in 0099ff and hover color of ff6600. Any help is appreciated. Could you suggest some code to do this?

WebIT
and need a navbar color too. thank you.

catrina
Try this code: [code]ul#sub-menu {background-color: none;} ul#sub-menu li.menu-item {background-color: #0099ff; opacity: 0.7; filter:alpha(opacity=70);} ul#sub-menu li.menu-item a:hover {background-color: #ff6600; opacity: 0.7; filter:alpha(opacity=70);} div.navigation_wrap {background-color: #xxxxxx;} /* FOR CHANGING NAVBAR COLOR */[/code] For the navigation background to show, you might also want the menu item background colors to be transparent.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

smartleydunn
This is in the main Pagelines theme -copy it to your child theme and ad a background-color, etc. /* Drop Down */ .main_nav ul ul {display: none;} .main_nav ul ul li { background-color: #193684; text-align: left; }

Jenny
Or use [url="http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/simple-css-lite/"]Simple CSS Lite[/url] ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mdvanhelden
@simple_mama, thank you for Simple CSS Lite!!! It's great!