Sign in to follow this  
kevinpilot

Google +1 Missing in 2.0

kevinpilot

I was surprised that Google's +1 button is not an option on the article sharing bar in version 2.0. Is there any chance anyone can send a code update so that I can add google's +1 button to the article sharing bar? I don't mind adding it my self. Just show me the code and which file to add it to. Regards

Martin Bay
YYes weird they left it out! To add Google+1 on top of page: [code] add_action( 'wp_head', create_function('','echo "";')); add_action( 'pagelines_branding_icons_start', create_function('', 'echo "";'));[/code] To add Google+1 in share bar: [code] add_action( 'wp_head', create_function('','echo "";')); add_filter( 'pagelines_after_sharebar', create_function('', 'return "";'));[/code] Style with this: [code].gp1 {}[/code] in style.css

Martin Bay
Ah yes the code should be in the [i]functions.php[/i] Good luck

kevinpilot
Martin - For the share bar, wouldn't I need to add the code to the sharebar/section.php file? I tried, and it didn't work for me.

kevinpilot
Disregard. It worked when I added it to function.php. Thanks again!

thomed
I can suggest a little extra CSS to tidy up the +1 box layout/positioning... Edits to martinbay's code above for the child theme functions.php file (only change is to amend the class names so that they can have distinct styling... [code]add_action( 'wp_head', create_function('','echo "";')); add_action( 'pagelines_branding_icons_start', create_function('', 'echo "";'));[/code] [code]add_action( 'wp_head', create_function('','echo "";')); add_filter( 'pagelines_after_sharebar', create_function('', 'return "";'));[/code] CSS that goes in child theme .css [code].gp-head { margin-right: -30px; } .gp-sharebar { margin-left: 5px; margin-right: -40px; } [/code]

Martin Bay
@thomed always great with some extra refinement :)