Sign in to follow this  
michelecannone

Feature cloning

michelecannone

I want TWO different Features on my home/blog page? And I want those two Features show two different set of images. As I understand it, there seems to be a bug (unless fixed), so Feature on home page (with blog summary) will show ALL feature sets. You can not stop it. On any other page, Feature works as expected. So if you are successful in placing TWO Features boxes on your home page, they will show exactly the same images... at the moment. While the team is working to fix this, any chance to find a fast buffering solution?

Simon
try http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29858470/section.php

michelecannone
Not working :( still duplicate sliders

Simon
http://imgur.com/a/NOG0t#0 I am about to go out but there are the settings i am using, feaures is set to category, Features #2 is set to a feature set. If your still having issues tomorrow when i get back i can log in and take a look for you.

michelecannone
Can you tell me how fetures sliders work with Post Category? And how to avoid the blog post used as featured slider to show up in blog?

Rob
Michele, as I understand it, using the Post Category method, you specify a category the posts that appear in the feature slider and it pulls posts only from that specific category. If you create a category called Slider and put new posts in there temporarily (rotating them in and out), you could feature only those posts. On a blank page, set with a template that includes the feature slider. I'd suggest adding a plugin called Special Recent Posts to the page, setting it up to exclude the Slider category. This way, anything in the feature slider will not show up in the blog posts list. Unfortunately, there's no way to exclude the category in the sliders from the default blog posts list.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

michelecannone
Hey Range thanks! I will download the plugin but I still don't know how to set up a Post to show up as feature (WHere to put the image? The link? eccc)

catrina
I've looked through the Blog and Posts settings and I'm not seeing an option for selecting a post category for the feature slider to display. I think that was a feature for another theme. I've looked in the other settings, as well.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

michelecannone
So once I set a category post for features I need: 1. TO know how to manage a post that I want to use as feature slider 2. To know how to avoid that post category to show up as post, 'cause it has to be only a slider 3. Have 2 different slider on the home page showing different set of sliders/images

kastelic
To exclude posts from a certain category, find the category id and paste this in platformbase/functions.php: [code] //Exludes posts in cateogorty ID 9 from the blog page. add_action('pagelines_before_theloop','exclude'); function exclude(){ if ( is_home() ) { query_posts( 'cat=-9' ); } } [/code]

michelecannone
Thanks for yur support... but it's not working http://imgur.com/J9SNM The post "Email" it's not excluded and still I don't know how to manage post as features (as you can see it's black)

Rob
Michele, The shortcode for Special Recent Posts has to be customized by you based on how you want your site to look. You repeat the shortcode and customize it for each category you wish to display. For example: [code][srp srp_number_post_option='5' srp_orderby_post_option='rand' srp_thumbnail_option='yes' srp_thumbnail_wdg_width='150' srp_thumbnail_wdg_height='150' srp_filter_cat_option='15' srp_widget_title_hide_option='yes' srp_wdg_excerpt_length_mode='fullexcerpt' srp_post_date_option='yes'][/code] You'll find all the options for Special Recent Posts here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/installation/ As you can see, you'll get something like [code]srp_content_post_option => titleonly|titleexcerpt[/code] You change it very easily to: [code]srp_content_post_option='titleexcerpt'[/code] Change [code]srp_filter_cat_option='15'[/code] to any category in your site by changing the 15 to the number code for your category. So, for example on a page, you could have: [code]CATEGORY 15 [srp srp_number_post_option='5' srp_orderby_post_option='rand' srp_thumbnail_option='yes' srp_thumbnail_wdg_width='150' srp_thumbnail_wdg_height='150' srp_filter_cat_option='15' srp_widget_title_hide_option='yes' srp_wdg_excerpt_length_mode='fullexcerpt' srp_post_date_option='yes'] CATEGORY 18 [srp srp_number_post_option='5' srp_orderby_post_option='rand' srp_thumbnail_option='yes' srp_thumbnail_wdg_width='150' srp_thumbnail_wdg_height='150' srp_filter_cat_option='18' srp_widget_title_hide_option='yes' srp_wdg_excerpt_length_mode='fullexcerpt' srp_post_date_option='yes'] CATEGORY 22 [srp srp_number_post_option='5' srp_orderby_post_option='rand' srp_thumbnail_option='yes' srp_thumbnail_wdg_width='150' srp_thumbnail_wdg_height='150' srp_filter_cat_option='22' srp_widget_title_hide_option='yes' srp_wdg_excerpt_length_mode='fullexcerpt' srp_post_date_option='yes'][/code]

Rob
For the feature slider, I'm still looking into that, but in the meantime, rather than having a black slider, I'd suggest adding slides manually. I will discuss this with the developers again. Buon Natale!

Rob
I'm told that in Category mode, the Feature Slider picks up the title from posts in the category, takes text from the excerpt and picks up the URL link from the URL of the post in the category. We're still unsure if the Slider resizes the first image in the post. I haven't tested this so over the Christmas holidays, that's one of my projects.

michelecannone
Thanks for your time Range! I think using post category is a little bit unconvenient 'cause you cannot set fr example a link on click or the full size image without text. We wait until they fix the theme... How I add them manually?

Rob
It seems our developer is presently working on a solution. You may have found a bug that no-one has ever before found. I appreciate it, as we can fix this now and resolve it for others. As soon as the fix is completed, I'll let you know.

Rob
Well, you go to Dashboard > Features, where you can add new feature sliders. Make sure to select the appropriate feature set. If you would like me to walk you through this step-by-step, let me know.

indakno
So I can see if this is a similar problem to mine, this is my issue: http:www.indakno.com/atlmagazine I have two feature sections. The top feature section is correct. The second feature section "should" show the features of the individual posts category. It doesnt. It shows a frozen image with no way to make the section move in the page meta because there is no info for it to pull in the individual posts. My issue is, in the post, the only feature info is in meta. In the last version of this theme, you could select images, title placement, or event make the feature a embedded video if you wanted to. With this version, that isn't possible and I don't see the way to do it. THIS was A MAIN reason why I purchased this theme and if I cant get that specific action to work, I may request a refund as that was the best part of the site.

catrina
Have you already tried deactivating your plugins to eliminate that as a possibility for why the feature section isn't working?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse