Sign in to follow this  
antonella

What is the file to edit for the blog list page?

antonella

Hello, I need to make modifications to the blog list page (example here) but I can't find which platformpro file it is. Can someone point me in the right direction?

antonella
We need to modify the thumbnail image because it is being cropped instead of showing the full image.

Rob
Do you wish to edit the thumbnail size just for the magazine mode or the full width thumbnails too?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
If this is the case, then FTP into your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/platformbase. There, you may find a file template.postloop.php. Download it. If it's not there, proceed to the next step below. Also go to wp-content/themes/platformpro and download the same file which is definitely found there. Edit the file and search for: [code][/code] Change the image size for the thumbnails to something larger than 40px wide by 40px high. Experiment by making the image size 100, 100. Save the file and upload it to wp-content/themes/platformbase (no, that's not a mistake but it is the child base where that edited file now belongs). View your site and the images should be 100px wide and high. They may still be cropped, but at least they'll be large enough to see. Adjust the 100, 100 to any size you wish, but remember, those sizes will impact the excerpt, so don't go too far.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonella
The problem is that we don't want the images cropped. We were able to fix this on the home page widget, but not on the blog post page. But thanks for the info on changing the size. The defaults are a tad too small.

Danny
Has this been resolved now ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

antonella
Hi Danny, No, this hasn't been resolved. We still can't find the file where the blog list is created on [url="http://kohlbergventures.com/news/"]this page[/url]. We don't want the thumbnail image to crop. Thanks, Antonella

Jenny
Antonella, I hope you realize that by not cropping, you will have images of all different shapes and sizes creating a blog page that is.. well.. not nice to look at. I am unable to help you with the custom code you will need to accomplish this but I did want to provide a different perspective on the issue in case you hadn't thought about that.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

n2loping
Hello Antonella, I don't know if this will help but I believe I'm having the issue that you want to have. I want my images cropped but they are not cropped. I have the Pagelines Platform installed. I went to the Media Settings Menu in Wordpress and clicked crop images. (It doesn't work anymore in WP 3.0+). However, you might go to that menu and see if it is clicked. You should also be able to change your thumbnail size here but it may be constrained (as ours is by the size of the column).