Sign in to follow this  
cstcare

How to set Carousel default

cstcare

I would like the same Carousel in the header of each post. I have managed to set the Carousel how I want it on the default page.http://www.beta.basinlureandfly.org.au/ However when I import the posts from the old site the Carousel changes to this. http://www.beta.basinlureandfly.org.au/ssbs-archive/ssbs-2011-archive/2011-grand-final/2011-gf-boating-winners/2011-gf-boating-winners/ The only way I have figured out to change it is to change the Carousel Meta on each post. As you can imagine I don't fancy doing it 66 times or more. Any help appreciated.

catrina
From my knowledge there isn't a global option for changing all carousel meta settings at one time.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny
You can try adding the following code to your custom code -> custom CSS. [code].carousel_image_link img { max-width: 100px !important;/*ENTER CAROUSEL IMAGE WIDTH*/ max-height: 75px !important;/*ENTER CAROUSEL IMAGE HEIGHT*/ } ul#mycarousel.mycarousel li.list-item { width: auto !important;/*REQUIRED*/ padding: 3px !important;/*CHANGE TO MATCH YOUR PADDING IF NECESSARY*/ }[/code] I have changed the values to ones that should work for your site.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Andrew
Ya i hear you with this issue. global default options are coming in v2.1...

cstcare
Thank you for the responses simple_mama the code changed the image size but it doesn't solve the main issue as it still is pulling the photos from the posts as opposed to the nextgen option that I want. I guess I will just have to manually change the meta on every single post. Any idea when v2.1 is being released?

Jenny
Oh yes.. the other issue. My apologies, I forgot about that one. Unfortunately, that is something I don't have the answer to. I imagine it can be done with creating a custom function with PHP, but that is out of my expertise. So I just bit the bullet and let all images go through. I don't have an ETA on v2.1 but perhaps @arpowers has further insights.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cstcare
Was this issue fixed in 2.01 or is there still no way to set a default carousel?

Danny
Hi, Global options are coming in version 2.1, the latest release is 2.0.1, so they're not currently available yet.

Please search our forums, before posting!