Sign in to follow this  
brightonkeller

Trying to move my LEAVE A COMMENT link to botto of post.

brightonkeller

I got this code from another forum. Here is what I have in my Functions.php

<?php
	/*

THEME INITIALIZATION

This file loads the core framework for Platform which handles everything.

This theme copyright (C) 2008-2010 PageLines

*/

require_once(get_template_directory() . '/includes/init.php');

//add comment link at bottom of posts on posts page when using Full Post Content:
	add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','comments');
	function comments(){
		?>

<?php }[/code]

But I am getting a PARSE ERROR....I checked to see if I was missing } or if the php <? shortcode was being used....and after working on it, I still kept getting the error...

brightonkeller
NOW MY ENTIRE SITE IS SHUTDOWN

brightonkeller
AND DISplays this error:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/brightonkeller/brightontheday.com/wp-content/themes/pagelines/functions.php on line 21 please help!!!

Danny
Hi Brighton, Never edit the functions.php file in the parent themes folder, this goes for Platform Pro and PageLines Framework. If you want to add hooks, filters ect.. always use the child themes function.php file. To resolve this, download a fresh copy of PageLines Framework 2.0 from your Launchpad and then via FTP, upload the functions.php from your newly downloaded copy and overwrite the one in your current installation, the one you added the custom code too. Once this is overwritten, your site should be accessible again. I would then recommend you install the child Base theme or the PageLines Customisation plug-in both can be found for free in the PageLines Store.

Please search our forums, before posting!

brightonkeller
Ok thanks. I understand that now. So, to edit the correct file, do I still Go to Appearance>>>editor?

Danny
I personally always do edits to files via my FTP client rather than using the Wordpress editor the reason for this to prevent the error you had above. If I run into an error (this happens all the time) I simply go back to the text editor my FTP client opened up and then undo my changes, save the file again and when I refresh my site, the error is gone. I am then free to see the mistake I made an continue with my custom code. I use Filezilla for my FTP client.

Please search our forums, before posting!

brightonkeller
Ok thanks Danny! I use (or try to) firezilla too! Ok so when I want to make the edits, before I was going to mydomainname.com folder, and then WP-Includes, and then Functions.php is this the wrong file path to make edits to? If so, could you tell me exactly which file to edit so I don't make the wrong mistake.