Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomas

Can someone recommend a good book on CSS?

Rob Thomas

bookstores don't exist anymore, so I have a hard time browsing. I checked out O'Reiley's HTML 5 and CSS. It looked useful. The O'Reiley CSS Quick Reference wasn't as useful to me, just from browsing. I know a lot of people don't like books, but it works for me in a way the web doesn't (I need BOTH). But computer books tend to be out of date. My scripting experience is old, old, old. Ancient HTML, Lingo, ActionScript, JavaScript. And this was 90's/early 00's.

catrina
I like books, but I don't know of any good CSS books out there (mostly because I taught myself through a lot of trial and error and some resources on the internet). If you have a Barnes and Noble bookstore nearby, it usually has a good selection of books. I would assume that it has a decent web design reference section.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob Thomas
Thanks, Catrina. Believe it or not, Barnes and Noble closed all their SF locations. My option for them is Colma (not too far), San Bruno, or Emeryville.

Danny
I'd check here: http://www.lynda.com/CSS-training-tutorials/447-0.html

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob Thomas
Thanks so much, Danny!

Rob
If you need the basics, try: http://www.w3schools.com/css/ It's the golden benchmark for CSS learning.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur