Sign in to follow this  
dugoni

How do I recreate my custom archive page in Pagelines 2.0?

dugoni

In the old days (i.e., until December) I was able to edit template.postloop.php and add the custom code below to make a custom archive page that looked like this: http://www.contactpoint.womeninit.net/category/issues/ How do I do this in Pagelines 2.0? I gather that the key is to duplicate the section.php file in the postloop folder, rename it, change its metadata, and then make my changes to that, but I'm stuck at that point. Any clue for me? Thank you! --------- // Start of 'The Loop' if(have_posts()){ // tests to see if this is the back issues category. If so, then this page should loop through the subcategories and display them if ( is_category(47) ) { $catID = 47; $subcats = get_categories('child_of=' . $catID); foreach($subcats as $subcat) { echo'

'; $img = $taxonomy_images_plugin->get_image_html( 'medium', $subcat->term_taxonomy_id ); echo $img; echo '

cat_ID) . '">' . $subcat->cat_name . '

'; echo '
  • '; $subcat_posts = get_posts('cat=' . $subcat->cat_ID); foreach($subcat_posts as $subcat_post) { echo '
  • '; $postID = $subcat_post->ID; echo ''; echo get_the_title($postID); $postmeta = get_post_meta($postID, 'module', true); echo $postmeta['organization']; echo ''; echo ''; } echo '
'; echo '
'; } } else // end of this loop, move on and do the usual Pagelines stuff

catrina
Were you using PlatformBase to create this custom archive page? You'll need the Pagelines Customize plugin (from the Store on your Dashboard) to create custom sections.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dugoni
I was using PlatformBase. I have the Pagelines Customize plugin installed and activated but I still can't figure out where I'd put the code I had before or how I'd change it appropriately.

Simon
You will need a custom section so its added to the templates area. See http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/84022 Someone else uses a custom section here with a custom wp_query