Sign in to follow this  
bryanhaines

What known issues exist when upgrading sites to 2.0 Framework?

bryanhaines

I have purchased the 2.0 framework and I need to upgrade two sites. One is one PlatformPro 1.5X and the other is on PageLines WhitehousePro. What type of issues should I expect in the upgrade? There have been some minor changes to css, but nothing significant. One of the sites has 200+posts and 25+pages. Will the WordPress database remain intact? Things like permalinks, reading settings, etc? Should all plugins be deactivated? What about widgets - will the customizing be lost? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan

catrina
Your WordPress database shouldn't change. Some settings will change, but others will remain the same, so you might need to implement some settings again. Also, the widget content will also stay. It's best to back up your Settings (at the bottom of the PlatformPro settings there's a way to export the Settings as a file). Last thing I heard is that the footer logo and the Terms of Use section aren't working properly (so if you have these implemented and they're not working on your site, it's not something that went wrong on your end).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse