Sign in to follow this  
joshfretz

Question regarding issue with h1 tags / page titles

joshfretz

I am currently using platformpro theme and running an idx real estate plugin that on pages should have h1 tags in html and show address etc as the page title. This only shows / works property when I check the box in the platformpro settings under (blog and post) - (page tiles) -"Automatically show Page titles?" the only issue with that is when clicking that it shows every page title very large at the top of every page where custom h1 tags are already in place. Example would the home page where it current h1 tag is "Foreclosures in Charlotte NC | Foreclosed Homes" but when turning the page titles on where the theme does not block the idx plugin for the real estate listings address and h1 tag, it shows "HOME"( the page title ) above the custom h1 tag. I know this is kind of scattered but hopefully someone can help me with this issue. sincerely Josh

Jenny
I know this may sound silly, but have you tried changing the title of that page from "Home" to "Foreclosures in Charlotte NC | Foreclosed Homes"?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

joshfretz
I have, the issue can with having the large h1 tages and titles on blog post showing up twice. You would have the link that was the title, and right below that you have the the same title written in the post.

Jenny
Is there any way to disable titles in your plugin? Otherwise you may have to set it to hide one of the options using custom CSS. But you'd have to provide us with a link where the duplicate title is showing.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

joshfretz

I have turned the titles back off on my site, but there is not an option to hide or disable the titles within the plugin itself, only on the pagelines post settings. would there be a custom code or hook i could use to override the theme settings to only show titles / h1 codes in the plug-in? (link removed) the first property is "16460 Marvin Road, Charlotte" and shows the link with the address like it should. when you click on that address it takes you to the property page (link removed) but the address mls number etc should be located above the text "Brought to you by Remax Metro" and should read "16460 Marvin Road, Charlotte, NC 28277 (MLS # 854719)" Sincerely

Jenny
Would you be able to turn the PageLines headings back on so I can take a look. If the h1 tag isn't showing, I can't do anything to make it appear, but.. if it is showing, I can make it disappear. ;) So please turn back on page titles and then link to a few pages where page titles should [i]not[/i] appear so I can check it out. Also, in the future, make sure you don't "accept" an answer until you consider the topic resolved. When you "accept", it tells the moderators that you no longer need assistance. Just a heads up!

joshfretz

I guess something had changed since last time i tried this with certain pages, the only pages that are issues are content pages where I suppose I can just go back in and change the titles and remove custom h1 tags put in. although an example would be the "home" tag at the top of page http://www.xxxxx or the ballantyne real estate tag at the top of this page http://www.xxxx and basically that throughout each page. i really do appreciate your help on this and taking the time to answer sincerely

Jenny
Ok I checked out both of those pages as well as a listing where the title is showing correctly. Unfortunately it looks like they both use the same exact tag and nothing is different between the two. In order to help you get this looking right, if you could post all of the post and/or page links that need titles hidden, I can write up some custom CSS for you. I hope it is not very many pages. Unfortunately I don't know any other way of accomplishing this. :( Also, if you could, please send me a private message (just click on my name) when you post this. That way I know when you've updated the post. Thanks!