Sign in to follow this  
AaronS

Page load time

AaronS

I apologize in advance that this is a novice question, but I'm having a big issue with the loading time for my site, which takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds to load. You can find it here. I've run Yslow and it points to the following two issues: (1) I need to add 'Expires Headers' and (2) I have a number of components with misconfigured ETags. I wondered if anyone could recommend either a good plugin to help remedy the situation, or perhaps a bit of advice on how and where to make these tweaks. I am also not throwing out the possibility that it may have something to do with the fact that the site is hosted on godaddy.com and I've heard that they often run slow. All advice is appreciated.

Simon
Ok my advice, seeing as you have opted for W3 cache... Disable object cache and db cache, they both save hundred of tiny cache files and every page load the server has to scan the folder for them and load them, this is fine on a dedi server or a VPS, but shared hosting is nearly always on networked filesystems and that is SLOW, so turn that off! Just select page cache, and switch to advanced cache mode, it uses .htaccess to load html versions, so php isnt even used for the cache files.

AaronS
I disabled object and db cache but for some reason, it's not letting me switch to 'disk: enhanced' which I think is what you mean by advanced cache mode, because I can't actually find that as an option. I actually don't have to use W3 cache if you think there's a better alternative. Its actually a bit above my skill level, so I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting me. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, because it still seems painfully slow to me. Perhaps its time to switch hosts....

Simon
I use wordpress-super-cache on my site.