Sign in to follow this  
theshaman

Backend translation...

theshaman

I just purchased Pagelines Framework 2.0, and while I am quite happy with what the theme/framework does and is capable of - the backend translation is unacceptable, considering the price tag of the product. Some French speaking guy already mentioned it in another thread and I have the same problem here with German: the backend translation has been done with some translation tool and is hardly legible. Sometimes you can "guess" what the original Englisch description might have been, sometimes not. Sorry, but you might consider paying someone (native speaker) to clean up this mess or throw in some free dev licenses in exchange for REAL translations. As a quick fix: any chance to set the backend language to English, but KEEP the other language for the frontend? Deleting the language files would change both, right?

Simon
Most of the frontend stuff is generated with the standard wordpress translation files. We used google translation API, its actually a piad service if you would believe that lol. Contact hello@pagelines.com if your willing to contribute ;)

theshaman
[quote]We used google translation API, its actually a piad service if you would believe that lol.[/quote] Ouch. Get a refund... :) Seriously. I'm going nuts here, partly because I can't understand what an option is supposed to be or do, partly just because I can't stop laughing, some of the translations are just too freaking funny. [quote]Contact hello@pagelines.com if your willing to contribute[/quote] Will do. You are not a $19,95-a-year theme club, so this kind of language files is not an option (not talking about a tiny mistake here and there, 70-80% of the German translation are plain BS...). cheers Martin