Sign in to follow this  
msaizan

Vanilla - Pagelines 2 Marriage

msaizan

From the Docs: Click the "Download" PageLines Vanilla button You will download a ZIP file named "pagelines-integration-vanilla.zip" This file contains everything you need to sync your existing Vanilla installation with the PageLines 2.0 theme. http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_Integrations First Question: Where is this file supposed to download to? To your local computer? because I am clicking download and the ajax download overlay goes into gear - says the file is downloading but then what happens after that? where is the file supposed to be install? because it's not on my local computer... Second Question: what is the order of business here? Is it best to use the bridge plugin to marry the forum to wordpress FIRST? Or to do the Pagelines/Vanilla marriage first and then bridge to wordpress?

catrina
The file is supposed to download to your computer (sometimes where ever you choose for downloaded files to go to - like a Downloads folder or something of that sort). You'll need to search for the downloaded file on your compute. The first order of business is to get the contents unzipped (since the file is a zip file and the contents are inside).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon
You can also download from launchpad, files should show up under your products now.

msaizan
Catrina, Pross...thanks to both of you! downloaded through Launchpad and the file is on my local computer now in the downloads folder. btw, the launchpad was the better route to go for the download - sends the folder to "downloads" as normal - when downloading from inside Pagelines settings - for some reason the file lands in a music folder...anyway, it's all good now.

ladooufu
?€‘????????‘?‰€?”??€·????€‘????®‰??…?›†?€???„?®???›???????????†?€‘?‚??‡»?????‹????????¶????¤???‹????®??€????????‰?????€°pagelines-integration-vanilla.zip?–‡?»¶ I'm development version of the user, I want to install the integrated BBS functions, but I click on the "download" and prompt the download after the completion of the but couldn't find pagelines-integration-vanilla.zip file

njumara
Hi everybody, I'm struggling with the vanilla install. I've downloaded the integration. Put the pagelines theme into vanilla themes, activated it. All is fine there. I've activated the integration from the backend of wordpress in Pagelines Store. (am i finished? is vanilla forums now integrated with my wordpress site? Can users login to my wordpress site and automatically be logged into vanilla? It doesn't seem that way so...) I've installed the Vanilla Forums wordpress plugin. It asks me to enter the url of my vanilla forum install. I entered it (trying the url I see where the forum works and the longer FTP path). It says it doesn't recognize it and can't validate it. The forum is working when I just visit the url but it doesn't seem to work with the plugin. Am i missing a step in integrating Vanilla with Wordpress? Any thoughts?

njumara
a caveat I've checked forums with vanilla for the people with the same. Some say having cURL enabled on your server will cause the problem. But, what I'd like to know here is more about what the pagelines vanilla integration does. Does it integrate Vanilla completely with wordpress? i.e. are users logged into my wordpress site logged into vanilla? or Does it simply give vanilla a theme and the ability to make page changes in Meta? (I don't see a Special Page category on my pagelines install)

njumara
Hi, another caveat, I checked this forum before as well http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17019/login-integration-in-vanilla-forum#Item_40 and as I understand it, Pagelines Store Vanilla Integration activated DOES integrate users with my wordpress site and the vanilla forum install. 1) Is that correct? 2) Is my screwup that I created a new database for vanilla?

Simon
The forum integration does not link users. You will need something else for that. Vanilla provide a plugin for this i think. Please do not reopen already solved threads, open a new one with your issues.

njumara
ok, i didn't want to add to a more confusing line of forum posts but now i'm even more confused. 1) The Pagelines vanilla integration only applies a theme to vanilla, and allows the page to be designed a little in Pagelines Meta. (Is that correct?) 2) In the other forum linked above you said this: pross January 18 Thanks We do not use a plugin. The Launchpad system we use logs you in to the forums, the billing system and wordpress all in one. Does that mean that you can login to all of them at the same time. 3) The person before you said this: Jackey is correct, the PageLines Vanilla integration is the look of your Vanilla forum and doesn't handle user integration. Use the link above provide by jackey to bridge users from Wordpress to Vanilla, using one login. To which it seems you are denying that and saying that pagelines does take care of vanilla wordpress integration. 4) Danny said before that: First, you install the forum completely separate from your WP installation and it's not a plugin. You get it from http://www.vanillaforums.org (for self hosting) when they're back from their SOPA outtage. You should use the same database. Then, with Vanilla properly installed outside the WP installation, use our plugin to create the integration. If you use the Vanilla Plugin available through WordPress.org, I've found it doesn't work nearly as well, so I suggest skipping that. What does the phrase "our plugin" mean? is that referring to the Pagelines Vanilla Integration or the Wordpress Vanilla Forums Plugin. 5) I'm really not trying to nitpick. I just want my wordpress users to be logged into the forum when they log into the site and vice versa. Can someone please tell me how to do that?

njumara
and also, thanks pross for your quick reply, I'm just trying to get a handle on this and your help is really appreciated.

Simon
Firstly, I'll apologize to the opening poster of this thread as she will be getting repeated emails about new posts that are not even hers. To answer you questions: 1. yes 2. yes. 3. I didnt deny it, i just told them the system we use. 4. our plugin is the integration 'theme' for vanilla. 5. Use the connect plugin provided by Vanilla. Closing this thread now, again sorry to msaizan.