Sign in to follow this  
angeliti

How can I choose the featured image for a blog post?

angeliti

Hello! I would like to have a featured image in my blog posts without having to place the picture at the very beginning of the post. Is there a way to do that? I??m using PlatformPro 1.5.3. You can see what I mean in the blog section of my webpage: requisitos policia nacional BTW, how can I have a blog inside my webpage without having to have a "Blog" category as I do now? Thanks a lot! Angel.-

cybersphere
Hi Angeliti, Can you clarify something for me? In PlatformPro, there is a section called 'Feature' (on your website, you have 2 Police officers with car going past)... but in your question, you said, "like to have a featured image in my BLOG POST" so am I to understand that you just want to add a photograph for individual posts? If so, like you said, you have to paste an image in your individual blog posts. As for your 2nd question, again, need clarification as your question can be read in two ways. (1) Do you want to move the 'blog' to your 'home' page, OR (2) Do you want to rename the menu title from 'blog' to say, 'diary'? I'm sorry to ask you for these clarifications but it would make it easier for someone to assist you. Paul

angeliti
Hi cybersphere, Thanks a lot for trying to help. To answer your questions: 1. I think I used the wrong word. By "featured image" I mean the Thumbnail, the little image that appears next to each blog post in the blog page. 2. I want to keep the blog as separate page, right as it is now. However, the way I do that is by creating a category named "Blog" and then adding the link for that category to my navigation menu. If you go to [url="http://www.requisitospolicianacional.com/category/blog/"]http://www.requisitospolicianacional.com/category/blog/[/url] you can see at the top the following message: Currently viewing the category: "Blog" I don't want to have a category called Blog with all the blog post. Instead, I would like to have something like a blog homepage that displays the latest posts. Thanks, Angel.-

profoundtigger
You want to use featured image on every post correct? If so you need to Add this to function PHP On platformBASE add_action('pagelines_loop_before_post_content','featured_image'); function featured_image(){ if ( is_single() ) { if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it. the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail', array('class' => 'alignleft')); } } } If you Don't want the image to align use: add_action('pagelines_loop_before_post_content','featured_image'); function featured_image(){ if ( is_single() ) { if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it. the_post_thumbnail('medium'); } } } And Modify the size to: Small, medium, or Large

Jenny
Or you could just make sure you actually set a "featured image" within each blog post. It's in the bottom right of each post.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.