Sign in to follow this  
ssvrupesh

How do I enable mouse-over submenus in WhiteHousePro theme

ssvrupesh

Hi I've installed the WhiteHousePro theme on my website. Can you tell me were do you have the option to enable mouse-over menu as shown in the below image: Screen%20shot%202009-11-17%20at%205.20.49%20PM.png My website shows as the below: Screen%20shot%202009-11-17%20at%205.21.23%20PM.png Can you help me in this regard Thanks !!

kingdomengineer

Try going to Appearance/WHP Options/Header & Nav and select the checkbox for "Enable Drop down Navigation".

Andrew

Looks like your using a 1.x version of WHP. We updated to 2.x recently. The good news is that if you've purchased in the 2 months I can send you the update

ssvrupesh

please send me the update. I've purchased it on 09/10/2009

casshern

I seem to be haveing the same problem it would be a big help to have this ? answerd, i purchased a copy yesterday

casshern

Its fine i can do without the dropdown thanks anyway

wp101

Hi Bradley, Can you confirm that "Enable Drop down Navigation" is checked under Theme Options -> Header and Nav -> Drop Down Navigation and that the pages you want to appear as sub menu items have a parent page attributed to them. Thanks

cwmullen

same problem here, the box is checked, i disabled all plugins - still no drop down. sub pages do have the parent pages attached to them. any other ideas? purchased 7/5/10

cmunns

If you have drop down enabled and it won't work on the most recent version of WP and WHP then you need to create the menu using WP3.0 new feature called "menus" You can drag and drop nested nav items here that will allow drop downs.

mhoefer

@cmunns So if a site is using WP3.O you HAVE to use the new menu feature to get Dropdown menus to work? I'll be able to handle that, I suspect it will make things things a lot less intuitive for many users. Particularly as the "2010" theme seems to work as one would expect without using the new custom menu option. Is this something you can address in a theme update? Mike

cmunns

Currently that is the way it is handled, yes, I'll look into create a backwards compatible drop down. Actually, I already did this for some new projects were working on. In header.php your nav div should look like this `

<?php function nav_fallback() {?>
  • <?php wp_list_pages( 'title_li=&sort_column=menu_order&depth=3'); ?>
<?php} wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class' => 'mnav dropdown fix', 'container' => null, 'container_class' => '', 'depth' => 3, 'theme_location'=>'primary', 'fallback_cb'=>'nav_fallback') );?>
`

mhoefer

Great, might be a good update for your current themes b4 you get a whole bunch of folks thinking their site/theme is broken when they upgrade to WP3.

cmunns

Yeah, It's already been that way... if you check the forum there are many threads on menus. We overlooked how many ppl would <i>actually</i> be using the new menu system, but I'll go ahead and update the themes this weekend.

ghostlightcreative

I put that code in using WP3.O, and it brought down the entire site. I can't post the site b/c it's on a test server right now... Please help.

bryan-hadaway

@Ray - The template file you edited, you simply need to re-upload it to your theme folder via FTP overwriting the messed up one reverting it back and recovering your access. If that doesn't working you could se your themes folder permissions to 0000 that way you could at least gain access to the login and admin pages again. As a last resort, via FTP you could backup your theme folder and then delete it and you'll have access to WordPress again. Thanks, Bryan