Sign in to follow this  
andy_0083

Adding section titles and reducing 5-column footer..

andy_0083

Hi Team, Hope all's well..I've got a few questions and I am naive..with no clue of CSS etc..so please bear with me. 1) What I'm looking to do is to have my blog split into two sections. The top will be the 'spotlight' section where I'll highlight two of my posts for as long as I want and without them being overtaken by new posts. And, below these two posts I'll have a 'magazine section' where I'll have all other posts. Please visit my site to get a better idea (www.sixpackinvestor.com). You'll see the top two are in blog style and the others in magazine style. The question is, how do I write 'spotlight' and 'magazine' on top of these two sections.. 2) I want to remove the 'pages' section from the 5-column footer. How do I change it to 4 column. Essentially, what I'm aiming for here is to increase the size of my footer logo..and just have the others without the 'pages'. Looked around in the forum,tried copy pasting some CSS codes..nothing really worked. I understand that I'll need to play around with CSS. I would'nt have a clue of how to do it ? Kindly help. Many Thanks.

kastelic
1. There are bits of code all throughout your site called "hooks" You can insert any code whether it be php or html anywhere these hooks reside. For more information on how to do that check: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme An alternative would be to activate base and copy template.postloop.php from your main theme folder to base. This is the main loop file of your site which outputs your blog page. Once its in base you can edit it and manually add your code. 2. The 5 column footer displays automatic content only if it is empty of widgets. Go to Appearance -> Widgets to add your own and override the defaults.

andy_0083
Hi Kastelic, Thanks for your reply. 1) I have been trying to play around, looking for CSS codes in other posts...However, nothing seems to be working. I'm an absolute beginner..have no idea of CSS etc. 2) Secondly, I tried with footer widgets, but its not creating the same effect. I want to HOLD on to the same footer as of now..but just remove the 'Pages' part and increase the size of the logo.. Kindly guide me in the right direction. Thanks. www.sixpackinvestor.com

Jenny
1. I believe @kastelic is actually referring to PHP code, not CSS. If this is something outside of your realm, you can always contact a PageLines Pro to code it for you. Just email [email protected] 2. Unfortunately you can't just "edit" the 5-column footer. As @kastelic said, you have to credit what's there using text widgets, menu widgets, etc.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

andy_0083
Hello Jenny/Simple Mama.. Hope you are well and thank you for your reply. Havent been online lately. Hence, the late reply. Jenny what I have done is, I hired an independent designer to do the webpage for me. He has done it exactly according to my requirement mentioned in the above post (Spotlight and Magazine section). And, he has sent it as a Zip file with a lot of file in it. It has a lot of folders in them such as css, iframe, images etc. Now my question is, how do I go ahead to reflect the changes on my account ? Do I just copy paste all the css in the custom code area. A HTML page has been created. Kindly let me know how to proceed with this. Regards, Andy.

Danny
Hi Andy, If you have hired a designer, you will need to contact he/she and ask them for assistance.

Please search our forums, before posting!