Sign in to follow this  
yemoonyah

Soapboxes no space in between/ Quotes background gone

yemoonyah

I finally took the plunge and updated to 2.0 It went all smooth as I only had to rearrange my widgets and reformat my boxes. But I have a problem with my soapboxes. There is no space in between them and I don't know how to fix this: http://creativewebbiz.com/services/

yemoonyah
oh, wait, I found sth else: my testimonials (quotes) don't show up right. They used to have a grey background which now disappeared. How do I get it back? http://creativewebbiz.com/services/make-a-wordpress-website/

Rob
It looks like there may be some custom coding that's been applied to the soapboxes, perhaps pre-2.0 that is causing them to tighten up. I tried them on my test site and they look normal, with equal padding top, bottom and sides. As for the quotes, I am unsure how you established the quote marks and you didn't specify whether these were grey by CSS styling or there as images now missing. Could you elaborate a bit more? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

yemoonyah
I just removed all custom code and nothing changed. I also deactivated all plugins to no avail. The quotes had a grey background because of theme specific native styling, I didn't add images or code, just used the WYSIWYG quote function.

kastelic
I'm sure there's a better way but being pressed for time, try this: [code] .soapbox { margin-bottom: 20px; } [/code]

yemoonyah
Unfortunately that does not work.

kastelic
Maybe this? [code].soapbox { margin-bottom: 20px !important; }[/code]

yemoonyah
That also doesn't work. I don't get it. The other day I had another css problem and got about 5 different css snippets to add but none of them worked. What could be causing this?

catrina
Try this code instead: [code]section.pp2.soapbox {margin-bottom: 20px !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yemoonyah
no, it's not working. Could there be something wrong with my custom css file? And how come this question is marked as answered? How do I change that? Thanks for all the help!

catrina
The question is marked is answered after a moderator responds, but that doesn't mean the question closes (it's still considered an open question). Try this code instead: [code]div.dcol-pad {margin-bottom: 20px !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yemoonyah
Ok, I founf the problem. I was the E-Junkie plugin which I had to remove entirely (not just deactivate). Now it's working! Yipee :-) But I still don't know why my quotes background disappeared?