Sign in to follow this  
Pankaj32

Footer links and captions

Pankaj32

Hi, This is perhaps very simple and I am just not looking at the right places. Pls bear with me. I want to be able to replace the two captions "looking for something" and "Visit our friends" at the footer area. Also, would like to replace those links right below "visit our friends". Pls see delhilutyens.com. Thanks for any help in advance.

cybersphere
Hi, The section you are referring to are normally in an area called 'More Foot' (WP Admin > Widgets). If there is nothing in Morefoot Left, Center and Right, placing something will over ride the default you mentioned. I am away from my desktop and only have my iPhone so I could it be sure if it was Morefoot or actual footer. Paul

Pankaj32
Paul, That is in fact the footer area, I just added carousel to the more footer area and that is all I have in the more foot area. If you go over to the site, you will be able to see carousel stream.

Rob
Pankaj1, actually, Paul is correct. The section with 3 columns is the Morefooter, The section with 5 is the actual footer. In Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets you will find Morefoot Left, Morefoot Center and Morefoot Right. These are sidebar components of the morefoot area. You may replace the "Visit Our Friends" by simply adding any widget into the Morefoot Center sidebar. Similarly, you can add anything you wish to Morefoot Right. I tend to leave Morefoot Left alone to provide a search option at the bottom of the screen. Similarly, you may add widgets to the Footer sidebar, however, once you add one widget, the rest of the columns will vanish, so you must select 5 widgets to place there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Pankaj32
@rangelone @cybersphere Got it! I was adding the columns at the template section to the footer areas and so was assuming it was the footer area. Thank you!