Sign in to follow this  
stefanoferruggiara

Problem installing Add On

stefanoferruggiara

Hi there, i receive many error when i try to install soapbox or other addon in store... and return me this error: "no such file or directory in home/.../public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 195" I see the button INSTALL and when i click: Fatal error! La directory di destinazione esiste gi? . /domains/coaching-formazione.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-soapbox/ This is for all the latest Add On that i tried to install. This is the link to my site: http://www.coaching-formazione.info

"Se c'è una sola possibilità.. lo faccio, se non c'è.. la creo!"

Coach Stefano Ferruggiara, Allenatore Fisico & Mentale

stefanoferruggiara
[img]http://www.coaching-formazione.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Schermata-12-2455910-alle-11.46.13.png[/img] [img]http://www.coaching-formazione.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Schermata-12-2455910-alle-12.42.04.png[/img]

Simon
This is because you do not have permissions to install on your webspace, contact your host and ask them to change you to suphp or fastcgi.

stefanoferruggiara
How can i use this section if automatic install doesnt work??? Where is the file, where i can download diretcly for let install by my self via ftp? and.. if there is this folder of the addon in plugin folder, how can i activate if wp doesnt see? Sameone can help me? [img]http://www.coaching-formazione.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Schermata-12-2455910-alle-12.47.56.png[/img] [img]http://www.coaching-formazione.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Schermata-12-2455910-alle-12.48.12.png[/img] [img]http://www.coaching-formazione.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Schermata-12-2455910-alle-12.48.21.png[/img]

stefanoferruggiara
And Simon they say to me that is not possible cause the php is generic to all the site cause i'm hosting and not housing than is not possible. How can resolve this problem cause i need many of your add on and i have buy some of them. Any solution please?

Simon
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29858470/pagelines-soapbox.zip We are working on a way to make the zips available, but to be fair you have had permissions with your host before i seem to remember, and they refuse to work with you to resolve that matter.

Simon
You need to extract this zip and upload the folder into wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/ folder

stefanoferruggiara
And for the Menu always on top, launch page, google font.. and many other that i buy you have the file to upload directly like soap included where i have to upload them via ftp, please?

stefanoferruggiara
Also Base Section and content box

Simon
I sent you an email with link to always on top menu, googlefonts and launchpage are both plugins, you should be able to install those fine, it is only sections that are problematic with over restrictive hosts. Again, sections need to be extracted and the folder uploaded to wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/ plugins extract and upload to wp-content/plugins/ or use the wordpress plugin installer.

Simon
The base section is for developers to develop a new section, you dont need it.

stefanoferruggiara
You're right Simon, but they fear attacks and they say that they cant changing one of the thing you say to me before because I'm just a host and not a housing. They told me that if I can be more specify about error that comes to me and they can try to find a different solution other than what you have suggested to me before. The fact that I do not understand anything here .. I only know that some things is installed properly and other things is not properly installed, the error that comes back to me is what I said to you. It's not that I have to change the permissions of the folders? Now they are 755 or more? Tell me .. here in Italy there are no technical experts as well as yourself and you.

stefanoferruggiara
Ok;)

Simon
it isnt the permissions that are the problems, is your host cpanel? And how are they afraid of attacks? The way they have it configured now is completly unsafe lol

stefanoferruggiara
Sorry Simo, i have only Menu always on top and unzipping i see: 6 file: Which one i have to upload to plugin folder and which one to pagelines-section? and... They file that i ulpload to pagelines-section i have to cancel from plugin folder? Sorry but i'm not technical

Simon
unzip the folder and copy the folder and its contents to the pagelines-sections folder

stefanoferruggiara
Sorry Simon, just for ask, is not more secure if you do for me? If you want i pay your time, let me know via email where i can send you my ftp access if you can assist me directly.

stefanoferruggiara
I do :) For Lunch page and google font you send me the link.. cause in my email i see just menu on top? Thanks Simon

stefanoferruggiara
info@stefanoferruggiara.com or ferruggiarastefano@gmail.com or info@coaching-formazione.info

Simon
Cant you install any plugins? or is it just sections that wont install?

stefanoferruggiara
Sorry Simon i dont understand what you mean? Now work everything.. installing via ftp like i see base theme is installed correclty via pagelines automatic ftp and also simple nav .. what doenst work is the plugin that i list to you and was: SoapBox Menu on Top LaunchPage Google Font -- Base Section Content Box Soap and Menu now is installed (using external ftp and not automatic-using the procedure that you suggest me) Launch and Google .. i dont received yet any link to download in email

stefanoferruggiara
Using wp for install other plugin it work..

stefanoferruggiara
Is the pagelines section that dont work sometimes properly

stefanoferruggiara
Yes.. confirmed! Using WP MENU > PLUGIN > Find, INSTALL > Activate Everything work properly! Just Pagelines Section doesnt work cause pagelines themes i have installed base theme and it work!

stefanoferruggiara
I dont think is server setting you dont?