Sign in to follow this  
galfanodesign

Moving PageLines Content

galfanodesign

Couple of questions: 1 - I bought PlatformPro. In my "products" page, there are a so many download items, I am confused. I have Platform Pro 1.5.3 installed as well as Platform Base 1.4.1 (which I am using to develop the site). So do I have the right items installed? What is, and do I need the Framework 2.0 dev. Is that the latest release? If so, does that replace the Platform Pro theme? Still keep Platform Base? Confused. 2 - Under Template Set up, I want to put things like banners and carousels in my Page Content area (so the sidebar is truly a sidebar), but I don't get those options on Page Content template, only post related options. How can I put my PageLines features in my page content area (not on default page template because they (banners, etc..) will display full width above my side bar. Thanks!

kastelic
1. Pagelines Framework 2.0 is a completely new product. It is based upon PlatformPro but has a different infrastructure so it doesn't use Base. 2. Some of those sections are only able to be added to fullwidth areas. If you don't see it available for a content area then it is a fullwidth-only section. Framework, however, allows all sections in the content area.

galfanodesign
Thanks for the reply! 1) So if I wanted to use Framework 2.0, then all I would use is this framework vs. the PlatformPro Developer/Base combination? 2) That's frustrating. Seems like I should be able to add the Pagelines content blocks anywhere...So activating Framework 2.0 as theme vs. Base should allow me to have all sections in the content area?

catrina
1) Yes, you would have to use the framework vs. PlatformBase. 2) Yes, in Template Settings you will be able to add different sections to the content area.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

galfanodesign
Hmmm. I upgraded to framework 2.0 and it's quite different, although I can't seem to do what I want. I just want to have my page template area (full width) to contain the content area on left and the sidebar on the right - easy enough. In the content area, I want Banner, text block, carousel, post loop and boxes. So I seem to be able to do all of that besides put the carousel. Carousel seems to only be available for the content area, which would be full width above or below content area. I don't see how difficult it would be to allow carousel to be added to the content area if the other features can be....?

kastelic
Sorry, I wasn't aware that there are a few sections which are not full-width capable.