Sign in to follow this  
bokeh

Cannot change blog page feature in Framework 2.0

bokeh

Hi, I cannot change the blog page, or blog post page feature set to the set that I want. Any Ideas? I've made the changes in special page etc, and have also tried setting the right feature set on the blog page itself, to no avail. The features work on all my other default pages. One thing I have noticed is that in the Template Set up area, blog and post pages do not have feature settings. It simply says "no settings in this template area". How do I add settings to this area? Link to default page : http://www.businessfootprint.net/ Link to blog page with wrong Feature set: http://www.businessfootprint.net/blog-2/#.Tue8Q0rZgX0

dustinfaddis
Hello Bokeh, In the Templates Menu, select "Blog" then drag "Features" into the "active sections" area. Then go to edit your blog page, is the feature option available to select your desired feature set?

bokeh
They were already in the active area. So that does not seem to work.

Simon
There is a bug in the feature code that stops the settings working on the blog page, it will be in the next minor release soon.

bokeh
Thankyou Pross. Can you also tell me, with regards to features. Do I have to alter the pixel height, & fade settings of the feature on a page by page basis? try as I might I cannot seem to find the 'default feature' settings which I can then alter and use site wide. It was much simpler in the old version if you ask me.

Simon
The old version had one setting for all features, so you were sort of stuck with one big generic setting. Now every page has independent settings. You could have different features on every page if you had enough sets!

bokeh
So I must go into EVERY page and set up the pixel height, fade type, speed of transition etc etc. Is that correct?

Simon
How many feature pages do you have?

bokeh
I don't have any. In the past I created a feature set, from a number of images, created the fade, text overlay rules etc, then assigned that feature-set to my static pages.

petere21
I have more than 800 post with 330 px height images. I need to setup default value same like old version. Other way I spent my life with repairing it. Unbelievable... Do you have any idea? The same problem with with carousel. I want to set up default value (post from category) which could be post by post changeable but I cannot change it handy .... if it doesnt work it is better for me forget 2,0 and come back to older version