Sign in to follow this  
rbarsalo

Pageline English interface and WordPress in another language?

rbarsalo

The previous version of the interface of Platform pro was able to be in English while I was running other languages (frenc in this case) in WordPress. The Pagelines Framework interface (2.) now seems to be instantly translated in the language installed in WordPress. I don't recall it asked me to choose a langage when I installed it... for your info, the auto translation in french is really bad, making it difficult to work. Is there a way to turn it off, go back to english, without having to change the language in WordPress?

Simon
just delete the mo/po from pagelines/language folder

rbarsalo
Where are the files? I can see the previous themes on my server but not the Pagelines Framework theme? Need a bit of guidance here L-)

Simon
wp-content/themes/pagelines/language

rbarsalo
As I said, there is no pagelines folder in the themes of WP. Just PlatformBase and PlatformPro... in PlatformPro, there is two different mo and po, one is de_DE.* and the other is platform.*

Simon
If you are in PageLines Framework the files are in wp-content/themes/pagelines NOT platformpro or platformbase

rbarsalo
Third time... I don't see any Pageline folder in the WP theme folder... Checked with my regular ftp AND the hosting service web interface. In my wordpress interface, it is clearly written that I have the Pagelines framework installed as a theme: PageLines Framework 2.0.0 par PageLines PageLines is an drag-and-drop platform for professional websites based on WordPress and HTML5. It will help you do amazing things with your site, faster & easier than ever before. Designed and developed by PageLines in San Francisco, California. Twitter @pagelines OPTIONS: Widgets | Menus | Lightbox Plus

Simon
Can i see a link to the site?

rbarsalo
www.paxgalaxy.com I have been working for several days with the new framework... so I know its on.

Simon
OK so the folder is: WP/wp-content/themes/pagelines/

rbarsalo
I can see the links to the ccs in the pagelines folder when I view "source code" but I can't find ANY pagelines folder in the theme section of WordPress on my server... How can that be?

Simon
You are looking in the wrong place, wrong FTP account maybe

rbarsalo
Sorry.... I feel the same as you do... this is ridiculous. But I am using the web Panelbox of my provider... so this cannot be a wrong adress. Could it be that Pagelines as created an invisible folder? I updated the theme through wordpress as usual...

Simon
No lol thats impossible. If you installed the theme with the wordpress installer it will be in wp-content/themes/pagelines/ no other place it can be.

rbarsalo
Well... it's not. Will send a note to my hosting provider to see what happened during the installation. I am not an idiot... although this makes me feel like one.

Simon
Yes you should, the folder has to be there somewhere.

Danny
Did you get any information from your webhost ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

rbarsalo
not yet, will have some later today. Getting infos trough forum or chat support takes a loooong time as you can see in this forum also. Its like pingpong on very sloooow motion

rbarsalo
OK Its confirmed, I am not an idiot and did all that there was possible to find that folder but it's not visible... this is another bug! I am running Pagelines framework but can't access the Pagelines theme in WP because there is no such folder on my server... I know this sounds ridiculous but it is. It seems that WOrdpress caused I don't know what when I switched themes. Can I talk by phone to tech support or something to try to understand waht is happening here? I just finished my site and don't want to do a clean re-install if I can't extract all the customization I did in the Pagelines framework interface. The site is running smoothly, directly from Pagelines Framework 2.0, but there is no Pagelines folder in the Theme section. I can provide screen shots. Here is the reply from the tech support from the hosting provider... i just received after waiting several hours. --- Hello, We checked the ftp account of: /public_html/paxgalaxy.com/WP_EN/wp-content/themes We confirm that there is no pageline within this ftp account, and we confirm that there no hidden or actual folders name pageline in this section. Regards. -- Martin P. Funio Technical Support | Funio Support technique Customer / Client Hub: http://hub.funio.com http://www.funio.com

Simon
Can you please show this to your host: http://paxgalaxy.com/WP/wp-content/themes/pagelines/style.css Thats the URL to the themes main css file not the folder themes/[b]pagelines[/b]/style.css

rbarsalo
I did, they had it in their request for support ticket...If there is no pagelines folder in the themes section, then there is no style.css I know this sounds ridiculous, everybody is scratching their head, but there is no pagelines folder, and consequently no css file in it. And at the same time, I am now working in this site with Pagelines 2.0 framework since the day it got out... I installed Pagelines in another WP setup for my personal site, www.scenario-b.com (in english) and there, it installed a pageline theme and all the rest. On Paxgalaxy.com, the server that does not show the folder, I had several problems (see question : Site won't show up... all blank pages with 2.0) so I had to switch back and forth betwwen the platform Pro theme and the Pagelines framework, always within the theme interface of WordPress, maybe the problem is linked with this? As I said, I can send you all the screenshots you want... including the ones that confirms the Pagelines Framework is installed on that site, from within WordPress.

rbarsalo
By the way, the provider checked also the "paxgalaxy.com/WP/wp-content/themes/pagelines/style.css" and nothing is there also... nobody understands what is happening. Their official answer is that they don't see any folders named Pagelines... so this brings me back to you.

Simon
Sorry but your saying it isnt installed and yet here it is on the server http://paxgalaxy.com/WP/wp-content/themes/pagelines/style.css I cant provide any solution to any problem when you or your host cannot find a folder. I have no idea whats going on im sorry. There is obviously some mis-communication between you and your host, maybe you asked them to look in the wrong place, maybe they looked in the wrong account, i dont know.

rbarsalo
Dawn I hate being taken for an idiot... I have done web development since 1994 and know what a folder, ftp and how an url works. The miscommunication seems betwwen Pagelines and me. THERE IS NO FOLDER... its a bug. I don't know how it happened but its not there, and at the same time, its working. As I said, I can switch back and forth between the themes, last time I did this was with you PROSS. I have the feeling there was a write problem when WordPress switched theme. If I try to switch back to PLatform Pro and then come back to Pagelines, will I loose all the customization I did in the 2.0 Framework? I mean all the selection I did (boxes, Features... ) in 2.0 Interface? Right now I can work, there is no issue except the extremely lousy translation in french, but i'm afraid of what will happen when I will do the minor update regarding the feature bug. Please take this question seriously...

Simon
I would be more than happy to contact your host my email is simon@pagelines.com