Sign in to follow this  
webcastle

fixed width design framework no background image on the side

webcastle

Hi there, i am using platformpro and I am editing it to look as I want. I have chosen a fixed width design framework with background image and a white color for the Page Area. But now only the top and bottom of my page have the background image and the middle is complete white. I want de background as a border around it. What am I doing wrong???? Sandra

Rob
Sandra, please include a link to your site so we can see what it is doing.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

webcastle
sorry there it is: http://www.origineelvakantiehuisje.nl/

kastelic
For some reason the widths of many of your page elements are showing as negative numbers. I would try two things. First, disable all plugins and see if its fixed. Then go to Layout Editor, and make sure its the width you want and click save Options. Try Reset Layout if that doesn't fix it.

webcastle
Hi Kastelic thanks for your reply. Both did not work. I reset everything but still no white page with background ad the side.

webcastle
hi catrina, Yes I edited my feature erea: Perhaps thats the problem??

webcastle
I put this in the costum code: #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 300px; width: 550px; } .home #feature_slider{width:550px;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-400px;}

catrina
I don't think it's the CSS that's causing any issues. When I look at your site, the page area background and what surrounds it is completely white and the bottom of the page is black on Firefox for Mac. Which browser are you using to view your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny
I don't think you're using Fixed width from looking at your website. Can you print screen your settings and add the image to this post.

Please search our forums, before posting!

webcastle
Oke... I don't have much changed. In design control: My site design mode = fixed-width Design Framework body backgroundcolor = #f4f5e9 I added a background image And in costum code: #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 300px; width: 550px; } .home #feature_slider{width:550px;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-400px;} for the width of de feauture area. Nothing more. I completely deleted my database and installed everything new. But still the same. I installed the platformpro in an other wordpress site of my. Same there. I am hoping you can help me! Want to use these template really bad.

Danny
Can you send me a PM with account details so I can take a closer please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

webcastle
Dear Danny, Catrina, Kastalic and rangelone, I fixed it (YEAHHHHHH)! Because I had to check all my settings for my reply to Danny I came along Misc Settings. For a try I enabled Inline dynamic css. It worked! Thanks for all your help! Regards Sandra