Sign in to follow this  
rbarsalo

Feature on blogs does not post what its supposed to...

rbarsalo

First thanks everyone for going trough this update procedure... finally everything is working fine but... As I had finished working on the site, the feature set I had selected for the blog page (startup page) and the individual posts don't appear anymore... the feature box is there but the feature set it shows is not the one I intended. I tried selecting it in the special template for blog, on the templates for blog and blog post and also on the individual post pages but nothing is working... still an old one. The rest of the site "static" pages are working perfectly... any clues why? Where can I get more infos?

Rob
Can you provide a link to your site and also to the feature slider that you want, if it appears on any other page. Thanks

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rbarsalo
This is a link to the start page : paxgalaxy.com (wrong feature set) And this is a link to the product page (static) http://paxgalaxy.com/?page_id=186 which has a good link to the feature set Boutique_coffret (without navigation). I have selected that same feature set for the start page (inside the "special" interface and inside the page interface) The start page is built with the defaut template. The feature is part of the content section, should it be better to put it in the Header?

rbarsalo
This question as been asked since a couple of hours, I sent the adress right way... and i am stuck alone. I tried several things since the last post. In reading~wordpres If I select that same page as a static opening page instead of an article opening page, the Feature works as planned... so it seems the problem is only with the blog and single posts...

rbarsalo
OK found something that is kind of a pattern here. It seems that if I choose a specific feature set in the "special" blog section interface, That feature set overrides the one I chose on the interface of the start page, once I select that page as the starting page of my blog. If I choose a different feature set for an individual post, that feature set will override the sets displayed on the blog front page (the one that was assigned in the special pages section) if that post appears in the list of posts excerpts on the front page... That's normal?

Simon
There is a bug with features on the 'blog' page, it is fixed and will be in the next minor release.

rbarsalo
Thanks pross, why did Rangelone or anybody did not told me this earlier? I just lost half a day waiting, sitting alone in the forum for this answer... When will that release be ready? We use the features a lot in this blog...

rbarsalo
Found a fix in the meantime, just unselect any features on the page used for the blog start page and all individual blog post... just use the selection in the "special" section for the moment. Hope you can fix this soon, since it will be much more interesting to have a blog specific feature and individual ones for each posts... will leave this question open till the update is delivered.

rbarsalo
Seems the bug is that if you choose a feature set with more than one feature, it will automatically include all the images included in other feature sets that have more than one. Only in blog and posts... So you have no other options than posting a single feature (1) in your entire feature set section of your entire blog or post pages. Really annoying... this should be a top priority for a platform that supports blog. My client was not happy at all when I had to explain it to her... Everything works fine in static pages though. Please give a hint when it will be done.

Danny
Hi Rbarsalo, We apologise for this issue and it is top priority!

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob
@rbarsalo, I apologize for not getting back to you immediately. My shift ended and does not begin for another 3 hours. I'm writing to let you know I did not forget you. Unfortunately, I cannot monitor every topic around the clock. Pross is correct. There is a bug which he's promised to correct in the next minor release. Until then, there's little I can do to fix a bug, not being a programmer. I assure you that we will address this quickly and appreciate, sincerely, your patience while we work on the solution. The majority of our questions are left open. The way our forum works is that if you accept an answer, we still leave it open in case anyone else has the same problem and needs to ask more questions. Once someone adds to the topic, its answered status changes to open and active so we continue replying.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rbarsalo
Thanks Rangelone for the precisions about whats happening on the other side of this screen and the process of the forum. My reply to Pross was more about how such an information was not known by you? It was directed towards Pagelines. I had my own software companies and I know how much these informations are important within the support group. Its not clear for me where are the Pagelines "sponsored or staff" members in the forum and which others are users like me trying to help. Better identification in the signatures, like pross, would help. As for the feature set in the Blog and posts, I found that on top of what I already explained earlier, I could trick it by re-ordeing the features, put the ones I need first and limit the number features to display to only the number I needed. It's a trick, made it possible to open the site... but can't wait for the update. Still works perfectly elsewhere in static pages.