Sign in to follow this  
myohanan

Creating new Sections causes Widgets to Reassemble

myohanan

Anyone else having this problem? I know that the transition from PlatformPro to Pagelines caused all sidebars to rearrange, but then, when I created new sidebar sections, they reassembled again. So, I laboriously corrected them again. This morning, when I created another content sidebar (different name, but same structure) all the widgets/sidebars rearranged themselves again. I'll correct it myself, but just a heads up... or am I doing anything wrong?

Kate
Hello, Would you mind clarifying what you mean by "created another content sidebar"? Are you registering a new sidebar?

myohanan
Yes. Registering a new sidebar. I have created 5 new sidebars. Four of which I used: Ex. Folder in pagelines-sections (plugin) titled contact_sidebar containing a thumb.png, a style.css, a color.less, a icon.png and a section.php. The section.php contains this: [code]name, $this->settings['description']); register_sidebar($setup); } function section_template() { pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name); } } /* End of section class [/code] For the content sidebar my section.php contained: [code]name, $this->settings['description']); register_sidebar($setup); } function section_template() { pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name); } } /* End of section class [/code] Hope this helps. Thanks!

myohanan
Also, I'm having difficulty hiding the content sidebar and my new "content sidebar". And, when I go to set up the template area of the new custom templates I have created (following @pross advice) there is no selection for content sidebar (or my new custom content sidebar) in the content area set-up.

Rob
I'm bumping this up to one of the developers for their attention.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur