Sign in to follow this  
onepace

Upgraded to 3.3, Platform Pro Not Working

onepace

I just upgraded to 3.3 and now my site is not working. URL: www.chasingpace.com I asked my host to restore the site to a couple days ago, which they did, and it is still "broken". What can I do to fix this?

Simon
Your site is running 3.2.1 now, and seems to be OK. When did you upgrade to 3.3? it was released only last night were you using a beta/RC?

onepace
I was updating plugins for my site (late last night) when I accidentally clicked on update Wordpress to 3.3...when I did that all the images within my posts immediately disappeared. At that point I had the host restore the site to 12/11/11. But something happened and all my pages and boxes disappeared and reverted to the default Pageline pages/boxes with the "lorum ipsum",etc. words. So, now I have 2 questions. 1. Why did all my pictures disappear when I upgraded and is it ok to upgrade in the future to Wordpress 3.3? 2. I was told by my host that something in the theme caused me to lose all my pages and boxes. Unfortunately I had to put the site in "maintenance mode" while I'm at work because I didn't want potential customers to see the site like that.

Simon
Could be anything, you said you were updating plugins, so maybe one of them is broken with 3.3 Reason your stuff broke and posts reverted to default could be explaind if the backup your host is using is really old. Busy hosts tend to only do monthly backups at a push as they take up a huge amount of space on the server. If it is a recent backup dod they simply copy files back or roll back the database as well?

onepace
The backups were from 12/4/11 and 12/11/11. After the backup failed the first time I called and specifically told them I thought it was a database error. Regardless, I know it is not the plugins because I updated another site I own to 3.3, with the same plugins, but different theme, and it works no problems. I still don't know why my post images would disappear though or why I would lose all my pages...and right now the only variable is Pagelines.

Kate
Didn't read through all of the above posts, but: In that same install, have you tried activating TwentyEleven instead of Pagelines (while still using 3.3)?

onepace
Kate - I did try that. Well, actually I think it was TwentyTen, but everything seemed to work fine.

Rob
Hi. I just tried to view your site and there's a custom Maintenance Mode page up. What's happening at the moment?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

onepace
Sorry, I had to put it on Maintenance Mode while I was away. I contacted Blue Host again and after 2 hours convinced them they weren't restoring the database properly. I now have the site back up and running. HOWEVER I am still hesitant to upgrade to 3.3 because I lost all my in post images when I did last...has this problem been solved?

Rob Thomas
I just upgraded and my site is working fine. Just FYI

cybersphere
Hi Onepace, I also share your concerns when upgrading WordPress to newer releases. However, I did upgrade mine as soon as it came out (after I backed up the site) and I am happy to report, everything just worked for me. All images and text came along. I understand that theme might be the only difference between two of your sites but it is possible one of your plug-in is having a conflict with Pageline theme. For example, plug-in 'Post Type Order' is recommended by Pageline and I installed on my site but it will not work for me. It appears it works for everyone else. So... it is just one of those things. [url]http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15830/is-anyone-else-having-issues-with-039post-types-order039-plug-in[/url] Sorry to hear that you are having issues. I hope it gets sorted out soon.