Sign in to follow this  
deandwyer

Post facebook shares and tweets on blog preview page

deandwyer

Right now my home page is my blog and you my posts are sequential in nature. You can see that here. www.beingprimal.com I want to add some social proof and thus I want to be able to display my facebook shares and tweets beneath each post. Just like this blog does. http://whole9life.com/9-blog/ How can I do this?

stoltz
There is a bunch of different plugins over at wordpress.org that enables you to do the things you are looking for. Just look under their menu that says extend and then select plugins. Then you have to search for a good one, which isn't always the easiest thing to do on their site - Their search function isn't the best one.

kastelic
Thanks stoltz. Here's the link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

deandwyer
Thanks guys. I probably didn't explain myself very well. On any individual post I use sharebar and my tweets and shares are displayed. But they are not displayed on my home page with my blog profiles and that is where I want them. I need a bit more direction in terms of plugin suggestions.

kastelic
Try ShareThis. Or any sharing plugin that gives you a template tag to use in your theme files. If you can get one that provides this, you could insert it anywhere using a hook.

deandwyer
Hey kastelic, I would like to stay with sharebar....there must be someway we can do this?

kastelic
If there is nothing in the sharebar options for putting it on your homepage, then again, it can be added with a template tag. Could you check the documentation for sharebar and post that template tag here? Basically its a line of php code that makes the content of a given plugin appear.

deandwyer
So this seems to be it... Where would I put this (Oh and do I need to add anything else to it?)

catrina
I don't think you need to add anything else to it if that's all that was given. Did you upgrade to PageLines 2.0?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

deandwyer
I think I did. Sadly you didn't answer my question. Where would I put that code?

catrina
In PageLines 2.0 you can't add that code to any of the template files (because the files will be overwritten when you update them). You'll need to install the Pagelines Customize plugin (available in the store) before adding the code.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse