Sign in to follow this  
jeffzanini

How to remove top header bar above content?

tranceandy
I don't see a top orange bar. Can you provide a screengrab?

cfimortgage
You might be talking about the space that wordpress opens up for the admin bar. When you arent logged into your site their is no orange bar across the top, but as tranceandy said we would need a picture.

jeffzanini
Well it only comes up with firefox, IE doesn't have this display problem I noticed. [url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/screenjj.jpg/"]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/screenjj.jpg/[/url]

tranceandy
Doesn't show for me in Firefox 8 or IE9. That's why we like web browsers lol

jeffzanini
Might be a cache thing, will check it out when I get home, thanks!

kastelic
Looks like you got this fixed, I don't see the orange in Firefox. Do you require further assistance?

jeffzanini
Actually its not perfect, as it is fine in IE, however in Safari or Firefox if you click on 3 different pages it comes back. Perhaps it would be easier to make it transparent without changing the footer?

Jenny
I did as you said and clicked through 3 different pages (actually clicking ALL menu items) and I don't see an orange bar on FF for Mac.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jeffzanini
Thanks simple_mama however FF for mac has no issue, FF for windows and safari on Mac do however...

Jenny
I don't see it in Safari for Mac either. :( Are you sure you aren't just talking about the Wordpress admin bar?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jeffzanini
Yes it is, but if I remove it, it still shows as white and the footer goes white which I don't want.

catrina
Well, at least we know where the orange is coming from. Perhaps moving the navigation up will cover it, but that means the top part of the navigation will be pretty close to the top of the browser: [code]section#nav {margin-top: -10px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffzanini
Thanks, however I've tried this approach before, to correct I need -28px however then it screws up everything on other browsers.

kastelic
Do you have any caching plugins installed because I still don't see the orange bar in Firefox on Windows.

jeffzanini
Well since I don't believe this can be fixed at this point, as browsing through different pages somehow causes certain css to be ignored with certain browsers, perhaps another approach is needed... Is it possible to fix the width of the top bar "section" to match that of my content 1000px without narrowing the width of my footer?

jeffzanini
Please this thread. I have opened another with a different issue. Thx