Sign in to follow this  
lmatanich

Novice question - galleries and thumbnails

lmatanich

When I insert a series of images into my blog, they appear as squared thumbnails. I would like them to appear as medium sized images instead. I don't know if this has something to do w/ a lightbox plus plugin, but even when I disabled the plugin and tested a new post, that was still happening.

stoltz
Pagelines add images as square images (placeholders) on your blogpage, but if you go into a single post then the full image should be seen. If you have small square images on the main page of your blog, then that can be avoided by change the settings that state where full content is shown. Full content isn't shown on your main page by default and you change this in your pagelines settings(under blog and posts I think)

lmatanich
Stoltz- Here is the link http://redbarnstudios.net/?page_id=57 Thumbnails are showing up in both the blog and the single post page. In "post thumbnail placement" i've unchecked "Posts/Blog Page" and "Single Post Pages"

lmatanich
Oh, and in "full content" i have checked "posts/blog page".

lmatanich
Maybe I'm missing something...do you have to "Show" and then "insert into post" for each individual image?

lmatanich
p.s. This hasn't been fixed. I just went in and manually inserted each image into post. Surely there is a faster way though? Adding a gallery of full size images like this? Anyone?

stoltz
Great looking site and really good images! You could download a gallery plugin over at wordpress.org - I'm using simple gallery myself and simple youtube on my site and they enable you do add images in a different way. I know that there are gallery plugins that allows you to add images in a batch, but you have to search for them over at wordpress.org

kastelic
Wordpress also has a built-in gallery function: http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/gallery/

lmatanich
Hmmm...this question keeps getting marked as "answered." ??? FYI - I did a lot of searching and found that if I want to add several full size images w/o the trouble of adding each one individually, there is a plugin called Faster Image Insert http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/faster-image-insert/ If somewhere down the road, someone has a different way of doing this w/o use of a plugin, I'd love to know! And thanks to Stoltz and kastelic for your suggestions.