Sign in to follow this  
spidercat

serch messed up in sidebar StationPro

spidercat

Hello, I hided search from navigation and I placed the seach widged in sidebar but It looks messed up and I'm unable to understand what I did wrong. you can see as it appear now at: http://www.jerrytattoo.com/new

bryan-hadaway

It's because it's too wide for the sidebar area, to workaround this we can hide the text "Search for" and the search button. To do this add this Custom CSS:

#searchform label, #searchform #searchsubmit{display:none}

Thanks, Bryan

spidercat

Hey Bryan; thanks for the support but... I've added the code to the Custom CSS but nothing happened. What I did wrong? Thanks

cmunns

spidercat, Please replace the prior CSS with this: ` #sidebar .screen-reader-text, #sidebar #searchsubmit{ display:none; } #sidebar #search-2 {padding:10px 0;} #sidebar #searchform {width:243px;} ` Let me know if this look is suitable.

spidercat

Thanks cmunns, now it works perfectly. I'd like also to hide the "Search for:" on top and have the search button aligned at the right end of the search box. something like the search box of this forum. do you think it is possible? thanks a lot

bryan-hadaway

It's very possible. Are you sure you entered all the code cmunns suggested? Based on what I now believe you're looking to do, please replace all added/customized CSS that we've had you add in this thread with exactly this:

#sidebar .screen-reader-text{display:none}
	#sidebar #s{width:180px; padding-top:10px}

And see if that does the trick for you. Thanks, Bryan

spidercat

Hey Bryan, I replaced the CSS and it works but the search form is outside from the sidebar

spidercat

I forgot to say that I have TS Custom Widget plugin installed, could it cause some trouble?

cmunns

I'm confused. Are you talking about a separate search form? You said it worked perfectly what I provided, but then changed it. I'm also curious if this is worth wasting anymore time on as the new version will have this search formatted better for you (one of the improvements we've made)