Sign in to follow this  
thk0418

Header Social icons

thk0418

how to I Make Facebook and Twitter icons permanently have colors and I like to add address and phone number under it..

Danny
Hi thk0418, To add an email address and phone number, please read the following post. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14846/make-header-jpeg-link-to-email-instead-of-root#Item_2 To make the icons in the header have permanent color, add the following code to your Platform Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Rules: [code].icons .youtubelink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -44px -22px !important; } .icons .linkedinlink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -66px -22px !important; } .icons .facebooklink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -88px -22px !important; } .icons .twitterlink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -22px -22px !important; } .icons .rsslink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat 0 -22px !important; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

thk0418
and I placed address and phone number.. need to add facebook and twitter top of the text Where do I go for CSS rules? www.tasteofkitchen.com *******[FB]***[Tw]******* FOR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CALL Toronto Street EAST Telephone: (123)456-7890

thk0418
[code] .icons .youtubelink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -44px -22px !important; } .icons .linkedinlink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -66px -22px !important; } .icons .facebooklink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -88px -22px !important; } .icons .twitterlink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -22px -22px !important; } .icons .rsslink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat 0 -22px !important; }[/code] Don't work for me..

kastelic
Take your new css code out from inside the body rule so instead of this: [code] body{ .icons .youtubelink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -44px -22px !important; } .icons .linkedinlink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -66px -22px !important; } .icons .facebooklink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -88px -22px !important; } .icons .twitterlink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -22px -22px !important; } .icons .rsslink { background: url(./images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat 0 -22px !important; } } [/code] You have exactly the code that Danny gave.

thk0418
now it's gone.. =( tasteofkitchen.com and something happen to footer lol

thk0418
it works now.. fixed the footer problem.. still social icon is invisible =(

Danny
Hi thk0418, OK I know what the problem is the path to the image had to be changed slightly, replace the code you currently have with this. [code].icons .youtubelink { background: url(/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -44px -22px !important; } .icons .linkedinlink { background: url(/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -66px -22px !important; } .icons .facebooklink { background: url(/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -88px -22px !important; } .icons .twitterlink { background: url(/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat -22px -22px !important; } .icons .rsslink { background: url(/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png) no-repeat 0 -22px !important; }[/code]

thk0418
that worked!! thank you!! now how do i move the icons to top of the text?

Danny
Add this to your custom css: [code].KVR_mail {width: 250px;position: absolute;top: 30px;right: 0;}[/code]

thk0418
thanks!!! one last thing.. how to i put that in the top middle of the text?

Danny
What do you mean ?

thk0418
I mean how do i move my social icons right side to the middle(center) Now: **********************[FB][Tw] FOR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CALL Toronto Street EAST Telephone: (123)456-7890 Like this: *******[FB]*[Tw]******* FOR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CALL [u] [/u]Toronto Street EAST [u] [/u]Telephone: (123)456-7890

Danny
Would it be possible for you to remove the
tags from your code please.

Danny
Try this thk0418 [code].icons {right: 85px !important;} .KVR_mail {width: 250px;position: absolute;top: 30px;right: -100px;text-align: left;}[/code]

thk0418
[code].icons {right: 85px !important;} .KVR_mail {width: 250px;position: absolute;top: 30px;right: -100px;text-align: center;}[/code] I changed text-align: center; THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP DANNY!!!!!