Sign in to follow this  
mr-twisted

Move Nav Icons on Top of Nav Bar (in place of search)

mr-twisted

I'd like to move the social media icons onto the nav bar. I tried moving them down, but they end up behind the nav bar. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Please provide a link to your site and what method / code were you trying? Thanks, Bryan

infotwistedtoolscom

Unfortunately, I can't give you the link to the site as it is a password only staging site. I tried this code, but the icons fall behind the nav bar. I think I may just leave them where they were though... .icons { position:absolute; right:0; bottom:5px; height: 50px; top: 78px; } Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Possibly try:

.icons {
	position:absolute;
	right:0;
	bottom:5px;
	height: 50px;
	top: 78px;
	z-index: 100
	}

Unfortunately it will make it difficult without being able to see the site. Thanks, Bryan

anvilmediainc

This is exactly what I'm trying to do as well. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried this: ` .icons { position:absolute; right:0; bottom:5px; height: 50px; top: 110px; z-index: 100; } ` I've also tried adding !important to the z-index and making it 999999999 with no luck. SITE: http://dev.davidlbackes.com/ edit: I'm open to doing this another way if CSS won't work, just not sure where to start.

bryan-hadaway

Is that URL correct, I'm not getting anything? Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

` #primary-nav{z-index:0} .icons{ position:relative; top:35px} ` Let's try that. Thanks, Bryan

anvilmediainc

Nice! Thanks! And I've been adding all of my custom CSS into the custom code tab--is this what's recommended, or is it better to edit the base child's CSS directly? Edit: Just had a second to try it out. It looks correct visually, but the dropdown now falls behind the feature box and the links aren't clickable anymore if you hover over the text. You have to move your mouse up to the top of the orange nav bar. Edit 2: Using this helps almost everything: `#primary-nav{z-index:1;}` ` .icons { position:absolute; top: 115px; z-index: 2 !important; } ` If you try to use the drop-down on Resources, it behaves a little weird and it's hard to actually click on those sub links now. Any ideas?

cmunns

you need to add this to `#breadcrumb {position:relative;z-index:0;}`

bryan-hadaway

Good to hear it worked. Thanks, Bryan