Sign in to follow this  
dlwooten

Slider blocking content in ie7-8

dlwooten

Wondering if anyone had a solution for this: on my site http://www.gfaf.org/ I have taken the slider and reduced the width by half to accommodate a right column. The column looks great in everything but IE7 and 8. The donate section disappears. I can't seem to find a solution get this part to show up on these browsers. Can anyone help on how to bring this back? Thanks, Dan

catrina
Can you post a screenshot of what you see in IE7? Perhaps the slider content requires other custom CSS.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dlwooten
Hi Catrina, Thanks for your response. Attached are some links to screenshots with illustrating the issue. One is what it looks like in IE the other is what it should look like in Firefox. Thanks again. [url]https://skitch.com/dlwooten2000/gxqk3/ie-netrenderer-browser-compatibility-check-www.gfaf.org[/url] In Firefox, chrome, ie 9 [url]https://skitch.com/dlwooten2000/gxqmr/georgia-first-amendment-foundation-the-georgia-first-amendment-foundation-advances-the-cause-of-open-government-and-freedom-of-information-through-education-and-advocacy[/url]

Jenny
What is actually in that donate section? I understand that it doesn't show up but we need to know what you have in there to help. Also tell us about any code, etc, in that section.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

dlwooten
It is a simple text widget in that space. It shows up throughout the site in the same position. Only on the homepage does this widget not show up. Here is the code that is in the widget:

"When there is not openness, corruption grows rapidly." -- Vernon Keenan, director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Open records and meetings are our best insurance against government corruption. Donating to GFAF helps us make sure that government operates in the sunshine and is accountable to its citizens. Even a little helps a lot. Thanks.

I can't figure out why it's not showing up on ie7.

Danny
Hi dlwooten, First thing I would try is remove the CSS and add it to your Custom Code area in settings. Try that and see if the problem is resolved. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would try removing all the code, paste into a text document and then add some simply text to the widget and then view in IE again and see if you can view the text you just added. Let us know if either one of these suggestions resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dlwooten
Yes I tried this already. I'm pretty sure it's not the widget. Replacing the widget or switching the widgets get the same result. Tried a bunch of stuff in CSS but nothing seems to help.

catrina
I'm not sure what other solution there is (especially with IE). Do you know a lot of your users use IE7-8?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny
Hi dlwooten, Ok, I think your issue is that you're using Platform Pro version 1.3.4 and Platform Base 1.3.2, the current versions are; Platform Pro 1.5.3 Platform Base 1.4.1 I recommend updating to the latest versions, backup any custom code and CSS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kastelic
Here's the doc on updating PlatformPro: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/upgrading