Sign in to follow this  
israelgenealogy

Category view shows summary and the post

israelgenealogy

I had a similar problem with PlatformPro, but was able to figure it out. In PageLines FrameWork, I can't seem to fix it. When viewing a category, I first seem some kind of summary of the post with a [...] following it (no link), then I see the full text of the post (I specified that categories should show full text, although I may change this). How do I get rid of the summary at the beginning? Under Blogs & Posts I have unchecked Category Lists under both Post Thumbnail and Post Excerpt. I can't figure where else I need to set to make sure nothing other than the post shows up... Thanks.

israelgenealogy
The site isn't public yet, unfortunately.

israelgenealogy
Actually no, I'm using the Blogging Layout.

catrina
Hmmm, interesting. Try disabling excerpts everywhere (unchecking all boxes) to see if those settings work properly.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

israelgenealogy
That fixed it. Strange. Search Results and Post Archives were checked - I wonder why those would effect the Category view? By the way, is there a simple way to insert something at the top of the Category list, like a box or something? or another way, can I insert a category list into a page? Thanks.

jackirenee
I would like full posts on my category pages (without the summary) and excepts on the post/blog page. If I uncheck everything for post excerpt, won't this disable my ability to have excerpts on my main page?