Sign in to follow this  
James B

Featured Slider not working in Content Section

James B

Hi all. I'm having some minor issues with the featured slider. If I place it in the "templates" section (so it appears about the content) it works fine. If I place it in the content section (which is where I want it - with the side bar going along side it) then it doesn't work or rotate. I've been looking into the css and the only difference I can see in firebug is that there is a Div id with "cycle" in the css for the template section, but not showing in the content section. I am a CSS newbie so learning as I go. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks J

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Rob
Jamie, just out of curiosity... when the slider is set inside the content area, did you visit the page you want it on and edit the slider options?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

James B
yes, have played about with it for the last two hours and nothing changes. The only way it does work, is if I duplicate the "features" section and place it above in the template section. Then the two move together, as soon as I remove or hide the template section version of "features", it then stops.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Rob
This is unusual and I'm going to flag this for you to one of our developers for attention. Please be patient. Since we've launched 2.0 he's been rather busy helping to resolve issues like this for a few people. I promise to monitor the topic so you get a reply as soon as possible. Please give me a link to your site and one of the problematic pages. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

James B
Hi thanks for your help. It's only an old test site I'm playing about in to learn and test the features of the new framework etc, for future work. www.blanchettservices.co.uk basic front page shows the slider in the content area not working.

James B

Simon
I have a test page, with featured set as the template, under templates i have only content active under feature, and inside content with feature selected i have slid feature over to make it active, gone to page meta and set a timeout and transition time to 30ms [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JKWYx.png[/IMG]

James B
Hi Simon, sorry I've slightly confused myself reading the above message. Did it work then when you left only the "feature" section live in the content area? I set up all the meta details etc and still nothing happening

James B

kastelic
I have done the same thing and yes, it worked. You can see it here: http://pl2.jimmykastelic.com/?page_id=9 I would validate your site as there appears to be some markup errors which could affect the operation of the feature slider: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://blanchettservices.co.uk/

James B
Thank you, I'll look into it, i have no idea how to validate so I will google and find out more... thanks

James B