Sign in to follow this  
olofdeskdesign

pagelines-customize stays 'inactive'

olofdeskdesign

After reading the FAQ and some other posts in the forum I think I've just one question left: I have added the customize plugin and the pagelines-customize.php is 'active' but the other three (functions.php, page.base.php and style.css) are labeled [not active] while changes made in those files are not shown in the site. customize.png Is there something I overlooked to activate the custom pages? Tnx

Rob
Actually, that has no real bearing on anything. It only refers to the active status of what you've selected in terms of your view. It doesn't mean that your plugin is active or inactive. If you select any plugin from the list you'll see it's marked inactive until you hit "Select", when it's view status changes to active. Whether active or inactive, you can still edit. Did you actually CHMOD the files in that plugin to 777 to make them writable? Unfortunately, that WordPress component doesn't really explain that until your plugin files are writable, they cannot be saved. I can't tell you how much consternation, frustration and grief this gave me when I first used WordPress some years back. Without the permission set to 777, you won't actually see a blue button below the editing box to save the updates. Once the permissions are changed, you will see that button and your changes are saved and become visible. On that last point, don't forget that when viewing your site after making the changes, it's best to do a hard refresh to clear the browser cache. In a Windows based machine, this is done by holding the Shift key and pressing F5. Please let us know if this worked. If you need additional assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

olofdeskdesign
OK, that did the trick! Thanks for the quick answer. The custom CSS is now being loaded and in the other files I did not make any changes yet.

quipmaster
Dear Rangelone, Thanks for posting your reply. I have the same issue as olofdeskdesign. However, I do have the blue update button. Yet my plugin remains inactive. Can you tell me how I can CHMOD the files to make them writable? Thank you for your expert advice. Luis

quipmaster
Ok, My webhosting company helped me CHMOD the plugin. I cleared the browser cache. Yet, the plugin remains inactive in editor. Can you tell me if I am missing anything? Luis

Simon
Luis if on the plugins list it says active then it is active. The editor screen will show this: Editing pagelines-customize/pagelines-customize.php (active)