Sign in to follow this  
gisow

Center nav-menu and fav-icon

gisow

I have been trying to center-align the primary nav-menu and fav icon without success, and i could not find a working solution on the forum. what would be the preferred css to do this on a clean install of the pagelines framework?

Jenny
You can't center align it but you can add left padding to move it to the right. Also, I have no idea what you mean by centering the fav icon? That would be something that you center in a photo editor such as Photoshop.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gisow
What i found on the forum was this, i suppose this is not the way to do it? #nav_row ul{padding-bottom:10px !important;float:none !important;text-align:center;} #primary-nav li{float:none !important;display:inline !important;} #primary-nav a{float:none !important;display:inline !important;} I think i expressed myself badly, what i was trying to center align apart form the nav is the rss/google button in the branding section. Thanks for clearing up my odd phrasing :)

Danny
Hi Gisow, I will look into this for you, there should be away of doing it I think. I will post here if I find anything. I have bookmarked your post!

Please search our forums, before posting!

kastelic
Could we see a link to your site? There is a line of CSS that can center your nav but it needs to have specific pixels widths in order to work.

gisow
You can see the shell at 'swedishfiction . com'. i'm looking to center both the nav menu and the rss/social icons. Think i have been going through almost all selectors by now.. Looking forward to a solution.

Kate
Hey gisow, This should do it for both: [code]#nav ul{padding-bottom:10px !important;float:none !important;text-align:center;} .navigation_wrap li{float:none !important;display:inline !important;} .navigation_wrap a{float:none !important;display:inline !important;} .icons{text-align:center !important;width:100% !important;top:65px;} .icons a{display:inline !important;float:none !important;}[/code]

gisow
Thank you Kate! you just released me of a major headache, excellent code! :)