Sign in to follow this  
davetemple

Seems silly, but here goes...

davetemple

Setting up iBlog Pro 4 and want to make a HOMEPAGE connection. So, when you click on the logo, you'll be directed to a Home Page. MUST I make a HOMEPAGE first?

catrina
The homepage is created by default. The logo should be a clickable link that leads to the homepage by default. Or did you create a separate home page different from the main page that is created automatically?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bestrag
Just create home page. Then in reading section set it to be first page to load. That is your home page then, and logo href should automatically be linked to it.

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

stoltz
This is the tricky part, because the concept of a homepage was something that was conjured up when the web was in its infancy and all pages were static. Today it's different, there isn't really a homepage when you access a Wordpress blog, there is just a "template" and that consists of various elements that acts as references to the database that is running behind the curtains of your Wordpress site. The content on a webpage today is in most cases created on the fly and shown with the help of templates, that is why the concept of a homepage doesn't work today as a model for explanation. When someone access your website and you are running Wordpress together with the Pagelines framework, then the first thing people bump into is your template that is referenced as the "blog template" in Pagelines - That is in other words the first "page" they will encounter unless you have defined something else. Let's say you create a set of pages in Wordpress and you create a menu along with that with links to all your pages so people can access them through your menu. Then you might want to create a home link that takes your visitor back to your first page (which is in most cases based in your "blog template") then you go into the menu "Appearance" in Wordpress and then select "Menus" and type in your sites address then add it to your menu, that will create a menu choice that will bring the visitor back to the top page of your blog. The Image in your header should automatically have a link connected to it that always brings the visitor back to the top of your page when it's being clicked. And remember - There are no silly questions, just silly answers.

Jenny
If you still need help with this, please let us know.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.