Sign in to follow this  
amtadmin

Content Area Not Displaying Content

amtadmin

After upgrading to PageLines 2.0, I've been reworking to put my site back in order. My major problem is that none of my content is displaying on any of my pages. I should have an embedded google calendar on one page and a couple of pages with some embedded wufoo forms; none of them are visible. Also, I tried typing some plain text but that's not visible either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
Hello, In the Dashboard > PageLines > Store, under Sections, did you activate Content Box? If you didn't get from the store, then you may need to install it first. Could you try going to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and on the graphic layout on the left, click "Page Templates"? You will see all the page templates show up underneath that (you may have to scroll a bit). Make sure the Content section is there for the template you're using for your page. Without it, your text will disappear.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amtadmin
Indeed, the Content Section needed to be installed from the Store. It was necessary to go through a few more steps to actually get the content to display; and for some reason I have Content Area and Content Area #2 on the page settings. Just curious, why does the original WP Content Area not display in PageLines 2.0?

catrina
By original WP content area, are you referring to the one created by the traditional WordPress template?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon
You do not need to install a content area just to display content. The content box section is a custom one that adds more options. Sounds like 'Content' is not active in the page template.

tpellicer
Sorry, but I am having the same problem and it's bugging me. Zero content on Pages or Blog posts??? Please help 1. I have content box installed, but not using it 2. I have Content enabled in Default Page, Blog, Blog Posts, Feature etc. I do not hide content by default. 3. I have Content enabled in all my special pages 4. I have checked Meta in on pages and blog posts, they appear active and not hidden. I really hope it's something simple. www.thomaspellicer.com Thanks Thomas

Jenny
You don't need the content box installed to display posts. It is an extra box to display something. Think of it like a special text area within the content. If you don't have any posts showing, make sure you have the "content" section enabled on each of your pages. PageLines -> Templates -> Page Templates -> (select a page, like "blog'), and make sure "Content" is in the left box (i.e. active). If it is, then go one step further and click "Content Area" (top, right image), choose a page (again, I recommend "blog"), and make sure "PostLoop" is in the left box (i.e. active). Most of these are set properly by default but you may have deactivated them by accident. Make sure you check each page to be sure it has both "Content" and "PostLoop" (if it needs those sections).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

tpellicer
Thank you Jenny, the PostLoop recommendation was the solution.

justinec19
Also wanted to add my thanks for the PostLoop solution - no content showing has been bugging me for days - finally - voila!