Sign in to follow this  
ckshdop

Footer column error for Chrome (iBlogPro 4)

ckshdop

Hi Usually I go to my site with firefox and it looks fine there. But recently when I go to my site with Chrome (5.0), suddenly I found the whole footer column is messed up. I try to remove every widget in the footer column, but it doesn't help.... Please see the link in different browsers http://consciousanalytics.com/

bryan-hadaway

Looks fine for me in Chrome on Windows, so I'm assuming you're on Mac? You'll have to share a screenshot, I'm not aware of any specific CSS hacks for Mac Chrome. Honestly, it might just be one of those things you have no control over and have to let go, perhaps there's a hack, but it's definitely impossible to get a website to look exactly, perfectly the same on every browser. Cross-browser compatibility is extremely important up to a point; covering major browsers; Firefox, Safari, IE... but Chrome is so new, and takes up such a tiny market share that it's not a high priority. Nevertheless, get me a screenshot and I'll see if can track down a hack. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, I wasn't able to come up with anything in way of a CSS hack. In my opinion, I really don't think Chrome is fully stable yet, as in basically still a beta, that's just my opinion, but that specific setup is definitely less important than having your website look right on major browsers. Have you edited the footer or CSS at all? This is completely a stab in the dark, but you might try adding this to your Custom CSS:

.fcol{float:left}

If that miraculously fixes it in Chrome, check to make sure that it doesn't mess up in other browsers, if it doesn't work, just remove it. Thanks, Bryan

ckshdop

I have the following customize css. Can this be the cause? ----------------- #wrapper #nav ul.dropdown li a.home, #wrapper #nav ul.dropdown li a.home:hover { background-position: 50% 50%; height:85px; margin:-50px 0 -17px; width:70px; }

bryan-hadaway

That is very possible, that code looks very odd to me, what does it do? In other words what were you or are you accomplishing with that code? Try removing it temporarily and see if that fixes it. If it does, let me know what you were originally trying to accomplish with your custom CSS and I might be able to come up with something better. Thanks, Bryan

ckshdop

sorry, the code should look like this

<p>Simply click on the below link to buy More Than Time Log at the App store. </p>

ckshdop

oops, cant get it right. anyway, it is a html code for a png link, that's all.

bryan-hadaway

So, did you find a solution or did you still need help with this? Thanks, Bryan

ckshdop

I found the cause. If I remove the code in previous post, then the problem will be gone. But the thing is I need to have that code in place. So yes, I still need help with this ...:)

bryan-hadaway

Where exactly in the footer.php file are you placing this code? You might also try using

<div>
instead of
<p>

. Thanks, Bryan

ckshdop

This is where I place the code. I also changed it to div.. 6.jpg

bryan-hadaway

If you're trying to post a screenshot, you can just post the URL to the image and I can take a look. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

Actually, I meant a screenshot of the issue on the visual/public view of your website, not the admin. But, I should mention everything should be inside the div. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

Aaaah, I see the problem, just get rid of the divs. You forgot to close your link tag with ``. If you still have problems, please just post the text and code from that textarea exactly the way you have it here. Thanks, Bryan

ckshdop

Woot! Thanks Byran. It works perfectly now!!! It has been a long thread..thanks for the great customer support..!! Jerry

bryan-hadaway

Wish I would of spotted it sooner for you, we really are all human though huh :). Thanks, Bryan