Sign in to follow this  
rafaeldesilva

Installing PlatformBase added unwanted menu entries

rafaeldesilva

Hello, I was working with PlatformPro and had a main menu well configured and working. I just installed PlatformBase and some unwanted entries appeared in main menu, they are links to some pages, I don't know why. "Menus" in Wordpress admin panel shows correct entries, but PlatformBase is ignoring it. How can I correct it? Thank you

Rob
There are two options that cause that. 1. Return to the Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and make sure "Automatically add new top-level pages" is unchecked. 2. Go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Header And Nav and look for "Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav?" Make sure that's unchecked as well.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rafaeldesilva
Both of them are unchecked, the menu was working ok before the installation and I imported previous PlatformPro setting after installation Thank you

Rob
May I have a link to your site? Perhaps there's something there I can see that might help.

rafaeldesilva
This is production site, based on PlatformPro and working properly: http://nirakara.org/ This is test site, with PlatformBase installed, and showing the problem in main menu: http://nirakara.org/norberto/

Rob
In the PlatformBase version, if you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, what's the menu selected for Theme Locations? Is it the same as the primary menu in your PlatformPro site?

rafaeldesilva
Ok, that was it! They were different Thank you"