Sign in to follow this  
ilshriner

Unique link colors in Nav bar

ilshriner

I am currently running Platform Pro with PlatformBase as a child theme. I have read multiple posts on having separate colors for each menu item in the navigation bar, but none have worked for me. I am new to CSS so please bear with me. I have tried adding each of these formats to the Custom Code section of the Settings but none worked for me: .menu-item-144 a{color:#0000ff;} .menu-item-144 a{color:#0000ff !important;} ul#menu-item-144 a{color:#0000ff;} ul#menu-top-navigation.menu-item-144 a, #menu-top-navigation.menu-item-144 a:active {color: #0000ff;} Site: http://illinoisknightstemplar.illinoismasons.org/ I'm sure I'm missing something simple here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jenny
Try: [code].main_nav ul li.menu-item-144 { background-color: #0000FF !important;; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ilshriner
That works great, but I am really looking at changing the font color. I tried using 'color: #0000FF !important;;' but it didn't work

ilshriner
I figured it out. .main_nav ul li.menu-item-144 a { color: #0000FF !important; }