Sign in to follow this  
lovethecuban

Memory issue

lovethecuban

I have just switched to PageLines theme, and when I try to access my photos they don't work. When I try to upload new photos, I'm getting this:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 28573696) (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/c/u/cultivate/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 1006

Not sure how to fix this. Tried increasing memory allocation in .htaccess and wp-config.php. Neither worked. Suggestions? Solutions?

Simon
Seems your host has limited your account to 28M, which is not really a lot. Some server configs php memory tweaks in htaccess and ini_set() are blocked and you need a php.ini tweak, you should contact your host.

lovethecuban
So, I checked and there's no limit on my account, but I'm still having trouble uploading images. Any other fixes/suggestions? This is a real barrier...

Andrew
There is always a limit... this is RAM memory. Check with your host on this one.

lovethecuban
Ok, I've checked with the host. This isn't the problem. Other users can upload images to the media library, and for some reason I can't. I'm receiving the same error, even after increasing memory. This isn't a problem in different themes (I've checked), so what else could be wrong, and how do I fix it?