Sign in to follow this  
musicianwages

Is bbpress 1.0 (stand alone) still supported with PageLines Framework 2.0?

musicianwages

We just updated to PageLines Framework. We don't want to upgrade our bbpress installation to 2.0 and we don't want to switch everything over to Vanilla. What are our options? When we try to access our bbpress installation now we get this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare pagelines_add_google_profile() (previously declared in /home/content/b/l/o/****oursite****/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/actions.site.php:94) in /home/content/b/l/o/****oursite****/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/actions.site.php on line 98

Simon
well that error isnt bbpress related, line 94 is declaring the function pagelines_add_google_profile, and looks like line 98 is doing the same! Thats not how the code is. Have you edited it at all?

musicianwages
The bbpress theme is edited, I believe, but not the PageLines theme. Should I just try uploading a new, clean bbpress theme? Think that'll do it?

Simon
No look at the error again, the function pagelines_add_google_profile() is being called on line 94 ( where is should be ) and again on line 98 of the same file, it should not be there! so reupload the pagelines files, somehow you have messed them up.

musicianwages
No luck with that - I re-uploaded the files and I get the same error. The rest of the site works fine, it's just the bbpress forums I'm getting this error with. I just found this - bbpress works fine if I disable my PlatformForum bbpress theme. Is the PlatformForum theme for bbpress incompatible with PageLines Framework 2.0? If so - is there a new theme for bbpress + PageLines?

musicianwages
I just read some other comments about bbpress and PageLines 2.0. I have my answer - PageLines 2.0 is not ready for bbpress. That's really unfortunate and I wish that would have been disclosed to us more clearly before we upgraded to 2.0. For now we'll need to stay with Platform Pro and keep 2.0 on the shelf until bbpress support improves. It will improve, right? We're not interested in switching to Vanilla because it is easier for PageLines - we want what's easiest for us.

Rob
I'm sorry about not having our framework coordinated yet with bbPress, but as I understand it, bbPress will likely come back to PageLines soon in the form of a plugin specific to our framework. I have no idea when that will happen, but like you, I hope it will be soon.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

musicianwages
Hi all - any news on bbpress support?

Rob
Again, I'm sorry, but bbPress is not currently supported under the PageLines Framework. As you know, bbPress was updated quite some time ago from 1.0 to 2.0, becoming a plugin. This changed many of its key elements making some irregularities with PlatformPro. Neither 1.0 nor 2.0 bbPress work correctly under PageLines Framework and we are awaiting, just as you and many other clients, the development of a plugin by their developers that is compliant with our Framework. I'd suggest writing to the developers of bbPress and stressing your urgent need for their product.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur