Sign in to follow this  
aemillerco

PAY AGAIN for Platform Pro 2?

aemillerco

When you sell someone a license and they pay for a "LIFETIME DEVELOPER LICENSE" I think it is automatically implied that we would receive updates for life. But now Platform 2 comes along and instead of providing it to your existing customers who paid for lifetime licenses, we have to buy it all over again? Do you all not see anything shady or wrong with this?

creolbuay
I am thinking the same thing Aemillerco. I wonder if they will continue to support the set we already paid for. I did notice that PlatformPro isn't even showing in my account anymore either. This really sucks.

Simon
The products are in your launchpad, just rechecked, they have been there for a few hours now.

aemillerco
Yea, creolbuay..... and now they want to claim "Free upgrades for life" on Platform Pro 2.0.... well.... life meaning until they move on to 3.0 and screw everyone again. This was an absolutely shady thing to do. I hope they reconsider or this could easily go viral and ruin their reputation. It's not like the thing is a different product. It's a new version, of the SAME PRODUCT we bought lifetime licenses for!

Simon
We will still continue support for 1.5 with automatic updates, it isn't a conspiracy.

aemillerco
Well whether you want to believe it or not, you've shot yourselves in the foot. A lot of us would want 2.0, but won't buy it because now we know you'll just come out with a new version when you're ready to walk away from the last one. Not cool.

aemillerco
Can we please get a refund for our purchase of platform pro? Your support was sweet and all trying to give me a $250+ discount, but I am still not biting. This is a total ripoff, and we're done with Pagelines. Moving onto another framework run by trusted individuals.

aemillerco
NO... I want a refund on the original pagelines. The one that you claimed to offer a LIFETIME license on, and then later rolled out a new version that you claim is different and requires a new investment. You all are really pushing the envelope here.

Simon
You will still need to open a ticket by emailing that address.