Sign in to follow this  
Dominik

is Customize Plugin Multisite ready

Dominik

Can I use the Customize Plugin with a Multisite installation? if yes! how?

Rob
At present, unfortunately the answer is no. There seemed to have been some complications in the Multisite configurations I hope will be addressed in the next upgrade.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

msaizan
so we multisite users should use the child theme as an alternative method on a per site basis to accomplish customizations?

Simon
Even the child theme will only work for one multisite, every 'site' would need its own child or plugin, unless you want to share all the customizations. And how do you allow your users to edit the code in the plugin/child theme? do they all have FTP access? I could make a plugin that includes separate files on a per site basis, but how will the users edit them?

msaizan
Pross, exactly. Every site needs its own child or plugin - and that's the way it needs to work...that's how it essentially worked in PlatformPro 1x- the base theme was activated on each individual site - on a per site basis. As it stands now, the plugin can be activated on a per site basis - but there is no way to use the edit feature on a per site basis - so any customizations would have to be shared across every site on the network - and that's not a good thing. to answer your question, individual users/independent site owners can change the look and feel of their sites up to and through any customizations that can be made in the custom code form field inside Pagelines settings. Anything that needs to happen behind C-panel...we (meaning network administrators with FTP access) do those customizations...but as it stands right now - i can't use the plugin because it would force the customizations to be global - across every site in the network. it would be ideal however, if the customization plugin could be activated on a per site basis and also edited on a per site basis. Is there a way to make that happen? I am happy to work with you all on this - My whole focus is multisite - web portals and networks...would really like to see this plugin be truly multi-site compatible.

Simon
2.0.1 has mutltisite support, in the customize plugin, add a DIR called blogs, then each blog gets its own dir, using its ID, blogs/1 blogs/2 etc, put the style.css and functions.php in these folders and they will be included into the right blogs!

slingr
Simon, I have a multisite installation as well, although the primary site is the only one I plan to use PLF. I've been adding all my custom code to the PL Settings window as I've been developing the site and was going to move it to the PL Customization plugin when I was done. I just tried it and right off the bat the background image didn't load because the relative path to my /images folder didn't work. See if I understand what you're saying: 1. The current path to the style.css file in the PLC plugin is: /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/style.css 2. The existing path to the existing blogs.dir directory is: /wp-content/blogs.dir/1/ 3. You're saying we should create a new directory and move the style.css file to: /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/blogs/1/style.css Is that correct? So that should allow me to cut-paste all the custom code that's inside the PL Settings custom code window into the PLC plugin style.css? And in this case, do both the style.css and functions.php have to be moved even though I haven't modified the functions.php? Or just the style.css? And what about the other two php files in that customize folder (page.base.php and pagelines-customize.php)?

Simon
Yea, basically if you want a custom stylesheet to be included, add it to blogs/1/ If you want a functions.php to load for that blog add it to blogs/1/