Sign in to follow this  
boldbelvoir

What happened to the colour controls?

boldbelvoir

Installed PageLines yesterday and appart from the sidebar issues, it has changed the colours too, and no easy way to change them other than css as for as I can make out? I need to change the colour of my dividers, boxes etc. This was fairly simple in 1.5x. Surely a backward step? Anyhow, what css do I need to change divider and box colours, also colour of twitter box and contents. Thanks.

Andrew
The consensus with the 1.x releases was there were two many color options that were designed to fundamentally make colors that were only slightly different than others. In 2.0 we've simplified this into a couple options and use math to generate the others. It is the right design decision. If you really need more options, That's what the Store is for. There should be plugins coming out shortly designed to create more color options for your site. Just use Chrome dev tools to grab the selectors needed to add your css rules. For example, with TwitterBar, you'll see the id is 'twitterbar' You could use that rule `#twitterbar{rule}` as a selector, etc..

pastrami00
I don't think the problem was too many choices. The problem was that the choices were labeled poorly. It was very difficult to tell what was going to happen when you changed something. In that sense there were too many because it took much time to learn through trial and error. A better description was all that was needed. The new design controls are funky. My entire site changes depending on what color I put it. I changed a color from orange to white and my header image moved about 200 pixels right and my widget dividers turned black. I went back and forth about 6 times and each time I repeated a color my site looked different.

boldbelvoir
Agreed pastrami00. But the control _was_ there. Now I either have to mess about with css, which I ain't to hot at, or presumably buy? a plugin to give me the same functionality that was built in to a previous version. Frustrated.

jankowalski
i m frustrated also, i spent many hours in customizing my pagelines pro, and now all is gone

Danny
If you wish to have these options re-instated, why not make a feature request or enhancement on the PageLines tracker. http://www.pagelines.com/tracking/

Please search our forums, before posting!